November 30, 2007

Santa Monica

We went to the Santa Monica pier our first day we were in California. The kids enjoyed looking down at the water, but they would have preferred to be in the water. It was a bit too chilly for that, but I think they had fun regardless. I would've loved to go in the water too. I love the beach! It's one of the things I miss the most about California.

DH and I went to this same spot for our first anniversary, so it was fun to go back 10 years and 4 kids later.

Of course we had to take tons of family pictures. Each family had their individual picture taken, we had big group shots, grandkids, girls, boys, you name it, we did it!! Isn't that what you're supposed to do when you get with family?!

Afterwards we went to the Bear Pit for lunch/dinner. It was yummy food. It's a family favorite and I've always heard a ton about it, so it was fun to actually get to go. Then, we got to hit the lovely L.A. traffic to head home in. It is crazy how much traffic there is there. I'm glad I don't have to drive in that mess every day.

It was a great day for all!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!!! I love the pictures! I miss the beach! I can't wait to go next summer!

The kids all look great! They are getting so big.

Keep the pictures coming!

Mel said...

I'm glad you all had such a nice trip! I would so love to be at the beach right now. Great pics!

Lana said...

MY GOSH! look how thin you are!!!!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Such cute pictures!!!!

Chellie said...

I love the Santa Monica Pier. We try to go to that area every year. It looks like every one had a nice time. Glad you made it back safely!

Tori :) said...

You LOOK GREAT girl!!

Tonya said...

Great looking clan. And yes, it's a rule that you take lots and lots of pictures when you get together.

Gina said...

Santa Monica is so much fun! I love that photo of all the kids lined up! You are lookin' great!

Rachel said...

oh my goodness... you look AMAZING!

tami and todd said...

Looks like so much fun, I'm jealous!!

Three Love kids said...

i agree with everyone! you looked awesome the whole week. you worked hard and it pays off, but you have always been gorgeous to me.. I am glad you had a chance to try out the pitt. i had a blast the whole week and made some fun memories.. xoxo

Amanda said...

What a fun trip! Such lovely pictures! The beach! Oh how nice! :) I am so happy that you had such a nice time! :)