December 2, 2007

Sister


My sister Em came to Santa Monica with us. It was nice to spend some time with her even though it was short. She was very nice to be around and I hope she had as good a time as we did.
My other sister also lives in Cali., but sadly I wasn't able to see her. She lives a few hours away from where we were staying. I know she was upset by this and so was I, but with the short time we were there and all that was going on there wasn't enough time. That is the problem with having both sides of family living close to each other. It's hard to split your time and make everyone happy. I wish we would've been able to stay longer so that we could then go down to my sisters' and stay with her for a few days. I hope she knows how sorry I am. Hopefully next summer we will be able to go visit her and spend some time there!

7 comments:

Chellie said...

Such a cute picture. I understand how you feel. Sometimes I feel like that when I am in Utah. A lot of Dame's family is there and a lot of mine and they don't necessarily all live close. It's hard to find the time for everyone and share equal amounts of time. I'm sure everyone understands though... at least I hope!

BTW- Jenny said she'd make you a header. See her blog at
http://ferfermama.blogspot.com/ or email me and I'll email you back with her email address!

Tori :) said...

Love the pic!
What a bummer about not being able to see your other sister. :(

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

Emily looks great, as do you! I am so impressed!!! Go Val! Maybe we can see you too... the next time you're in town. That would be GREAT!

Mel said...

I love it that you are close to your sisters! Gosh, have I told you how photogenic you are... love the pic!

Suzanne said...

How fun that you got to see at least one sister! I understand about balancing time with families. Our families live just minutes apart and I swear they're timing to make sure we spend equal time with each family. Hopefully you'll have a chance to see your other sister soon! :)

Amanda said...

cute picture!

Gabriela said...

Awwwww, cute picture. I would love to have lots of sisters.