December 10, 2007

Computer Problems

I'm SO sad. My computer is not working and the only way I am even able to post right now is because our good friends left one of their laptops with us to use for a little while, probably they'll want it back soon though. I don't know what's wrong. I'm a computer idiot. All I know is that my pictures are on there and I want them. The computer turns on but nothing shows up on the screen. And one of the most irritating things is that for about a week I kept telling myself to back up my pictures. But, I didn't do it and now I fear it's too late. This is not a good time to need a new computer. But, I need one. I use the computer EVERY DAY. I do my banking online, pay bills, blog, surf the net, blog, check my email, shop, and did I mention blog? So, I may be gone for a while :( I'll post when I can.

13 comments:

Tori :) said...

You do everything online just like I do. Is there maybe something wrong with your monitor?

Jamie said...

Good news... you can plug your computer into an external hard drive and gets your pics back (and anything else store on your computer)! I had to do the same thing last summer.

Cheri said...

That's a bummer- I hate computer problems. I just had my internet fixed this morning. I only was down 4 days and I was going nuts!
Hope maybe it's something easy to fix.

Amanda said...

i am going to back up my pictures now. Especially now that I am doing photography, I don't want to lose all my work!

Good luck! I hope you can get it fixed!!!

Gina said...

That sucks! I am so sorry! I am posting a lot less photos these days because my memory quota is full... I can't take any more photos until I clear off my computer. Sucks!

Klin said...

Unplug the monitor cord from the back of your monitor. Plug it into the lap top. If that works you just need a new computer.

If you have time Wednesday morning and can bring the computer by my house I may be able to tinker for a bit. I am no computer tech gal, but I do alright. Unless it is mine:P

Tonya said...

Oh man, that is a major bummer. Is it just the monitor by any chance?

I am computer challenged so I can relate. Good luck getting them back and get back to see us soon.

I have a good life said...

How frustrating! Hopefully it is nothing too serious. We actually pay for online backup so that nothing gets lost...including our pictures. It is worth it to me for the peace of mind, especially since not only do I have my pictures on there, I also have our clinic financials. Both very important in case of a needed recovery!

Good luck with the computer!

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry you're having computer issues! It's so frustrating, isn't it? I know I take stuff like that for granted and then my world comes crashing down when it suddenly doesn't work. Good luck getting it fixed and getting your pictures back! I'll miss you!

Anonymous said...

What a major bummer! I hope you are able to get a new computer soon, and that you are able to rescue your pictures.

Gabriela said...

Yep, maybe it's just the monitor-that happened to me a while back.

Good luck.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Aww sad. I hate when the computer doesn't work! Especially when I have homework due!

Unknown said...

I'd melt away if the computer didn't work! Hope you get it back soon. So sorry . . .