December 3, 2007

Kid Drop-Off Problem

So, today T went to go play at a friends' house. While he was there, the other 3 kids were off at other places and I was visiting a friend. I left my friends' house to go pick J up from a birthday party. When I got back in the car, I noticed that I had missed a call from my friend April, which is where M was playing. I figured she was calling to ask me to come get M or something of the sort. But, what she really wanted was to tell me that T was at her house. When I asked why, she said that he had gotten dropped off at home and since I wasn't there he decided to walk to her house. While I am SO glad that he did that and had enough sense to do that, I am very ticked that he was just dropped off. Who just drops off a little kid without making sure that they are okay, that a parent is home? Why would you just leave? What if something would've happened? I didn't even know they were going to drop him off, otherwise I would've been home. I am not happy with this AT. ALL. I ALWAYS wait when I'm dropping someone off. You just never know what could happen. I guess I expected the same. So, from now on if T wants to play with that particular friend they are going to have to play at our house. I can't risk something like that happening again. What if I wasn't home and he walked to Aprils' and she wasn't home? Then what?

12 comments:

Tonya said...

I don't blame you, I would be torked too. That was irresponsible of whoever the dropper off was. It's a scary world out there and we all need to take care of each other.

Jamie said...

Nope... not going to happen!!! I would be soooooooo pissed off that I couldn't see straight for days. You NEVER leave a child without making sure someone is home. I always walk the child to the door or if I have the baby with me, I park in front of the house and the child knows that a parent MUST come wave to me so that I can be assured an adult is at home. Are you going to talk to the other child's mom about this?

Anonymous said...

I would be totally bugged too. I am glad he is okay and had a place to go.

Klin said...

That is a BIG problem! I support your ticked off. I wait and if no one is home then I take the child with me until someone is. Whom ever dropped T off was very irresponsible.

Suzanne said...

I would be ticked too! That's pretty irresponsible for someone to drop off a child and not make sure they make it inside o.k. It sounds like T handled things well...but still!

Amanda said...

I am glad Tanner is ok and that he went to a friends house. I couldn't imagine dropping off a kid and just leaving. WOW!

Be Inspired Always said...

I'm so glad he had a place to go.

That is such a scary thing.

So glad he is safe.



Jillian

Tori :) said...

I think I 2nd Kayelyn's comment word for word.

Good for T. for doing the right thing.

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe they would just leave him! Seriously! First of all he's still a kid. Secondly, who knows what could have happened to him! I'd be so mad that I might just call the parent and give them a piece of my mind! But then I'd regret it later because I'm sure I would say some nasty stuff in the heat of the moment.

lera said...

Oh. I would have a big problem with that. HUGE problem! That is so wrong on so many levels. I think I would wean that friendship. If the mother is doing something blatantly insane like that, what little things is she doing, too?

Good luck with that one.

Yvonne said...

I totally agree. Why wouldn't a mom wait to make sure someone is home???

Randi said...

I always make sure they get in the house. But I don't specifically check to make sure someone is home. I guess my kids are older though.