December 24, 2007

Christmas Festivities

We had a very busy weekend.

Friday afternoon Mom, the kids, and I went to some friends' house for a visit and we ended up having lunch there. It was a nice visit and I was glad to have some time to catch up with her. She has a beautiful home and I hope to be able to spend more time with her soon.

Friday night we had big plans to go out to dinner and then ride Trax to Temple Square and look at the lights. However, when we got to the restaurant S and M were both not feeling good. They didn't even order anything. They were crying and laying all over DH. So, we decided to go to Temple Square another night. Plus it was a freezing 23 degrees without taking the wind factor into consideration. When we got home the kids were sleepy and DH started not feeling well. He ended up being sick from both ends. I guess it was a good thing we went home.

I spent Saturday making things. I made some gifts for friends. I took some wooden blocks and painted them black. Then, I had letters to spell out their last name and painted those cream. I then glued the letters onto the blocks. It's kind of hard to explain but they turned out really cute. I also put together our neighbor/friend gifts. This year I made white chocolate popcorn and put it in a cute Christmas cellophane bag. I think we delivered almost 30 bags. It took us a few hours and at 8:30 p.m. we still hadn't had any dinner. So, I took the kids to the store and they each chose a can of soup and we headed home for a lovely dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and soup!

We had a relaxing Sunday. DH and Dad both stayed home, sick. No fun. Church was nice. I had to teach the Sunbeams. I think I sub in primary at least once a month. Oh well, I don't mind. T had a talk, and J had the scripture so I needed to be in there anyways. Afterwards we played games and made our Christmas menu! When the little ones were tucked away in bed we watched the Amazing Race. I love that show! I'm glad the pink goths didn't get out. I really like them.

Now it's Monday morning. I got up and showered with the intention of being ready before the kids. But, I got as far as that. I'm still in my bath robe, sitting in bed, blogging. But, it's been a while. I have every right, right?

Happy 24th!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Well, at least you got the shower out of the way, I'm still sitting here reading blogs :o)

Merry Christmas!!!

Lana said...

Happy Christmas!!
Love you, wish we were together.

I hope everyone will be well.

Amanda said...

I'm sorry you guys were sick! Not fun!

Have a great Christmas!