January 1, 2008

December in Review

~Mom and Dad are here from Texas. It's been fun having them here and spending time with them. They originally came for my sister Andreas' graduation and then decided to spend Christmas with us. The kids have enjoyed having them here. Dad spent the first week and half painting. I needed my crown moldings, baseboards, doors, and a few random things painted. Now, it's all done! What a great dad.

~The kids had a lot of fun Christmas programs. J's class did a Christmas sing and it was so cute to see all those little kids singing. M also did a Chirstmas sing.

~I think we've finally survived all the sickness!

~Christmas was nice. The kids had a great time and all were happy with their gifts. We spent the day relaxing and playing with all our new gadgets. DH bought me a beautiful pink sapphire ring. I love it!

~Our 11th Anniversary was on the 27th. We went to a tepanyaki grill for dinner and then went to see "National Treasure: Book of Secrets". Both were wonderful. I loved the movie. 11 years sounds like such a long time, but I would not have wanted to spend it any other way. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father brought him into my life. He means the world to me and I'm so thankful that I'm his wife.

~The kids have cabin fever big time. I don't know what the deal is, but the boys mostly have been at each other this entire break. It's driving me crazy. T has developed quite the little attitude. It's very frustrating.

~The weather is chilly. It was 13 degrees last night.

~We spent New Years at some friends' house. We ate and played games, while the kids ran amuck. It was fun for all. Corbin spent New Years with us as well. Now, it's 10:00 and most people are still in bed. We've been staying up very late every night so everyone is probably beat.

~So, 2008 is here. Wow! Time sure flies. It's crazy. The kids go back to school tomorrow, which means that life gets back to normal. At least as normal as my life is. I'm still without my own computer. I've been lucky to be able to use my moms', but she'll be leaving in a week, and then I'll be without. What will I do?

15 comments:

Dani said...

Val, Texas is the greatest state in the whole universe, of course we want to live there!

Rowberry Family said...

We are so glad you and your family had a wonderful christmas!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

What a busy but amazing December! I am glad you all are feeling better now.
What a nice dad to do all of that painting!
I want to see the pink sapphire ring :)

Klin said...

So you didn't get a new computer for Christmas? Darn.

Sounds like you've had lots of fun. So glad your mom and dad could come. That must have been a sweet gift.

Amanda said...

Happy anniversary! How exciting for you guys!!!

Sounds like you guys had a great holiday season!

We had a lot of fun too! It was so funny having Hannah's first christmas, we really enjoyed it!

love to all!

Tonya said...

Can you send your dad over this way, I have a bedroom that is in real need of some painting :o)

I'm glad you had a nice holiday and hope you have a Happy New Year with a new computer soon!

Camille said...

I'm glad you all had a great Christmas and New Year. I hope it's a great 2008 for you!

Nettie said...

Could I borrow your dad?

It sounds like a fun holiday! Well, except for the kid's not getting along as well as you would like. My kids are very good at that kind of thing too. They go back tommorrow, too, though!

And I want to see the ring, too!

Lei said...

Sounds like you've had an eventful month! Everything comes to a screeching halt after December, doesn't it?

Glass Half Full said...

Blessings to you in 2008!!

(AND MORE ILLNESS FREE...that's for sure!)

Lori

Mel said...

I'm glad you had a nice holiday and were able to spend time with family.

Wishing you a prosperous and peaceful 2008!

nikko said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you had a busy month. We have cabin fever, too!

P.S. I had to make my blog invite-only due to some unwanted traffic. Email me at threeblondboys@hotmail.com so I can send you an invite.

Chellie said...

I'm glad your Christmas was great! How cool of your dad to paint for you... maybe he can stop by here on his way home :)

Happy Anniversary!

Gina said...

Wowee! What a busy December!

Amanda said...

Just wanted to say hi! It's been awhile! It sounds like you and your family enjoyed the holidays! Happy late anniversary. 11 years woohoo!!!! :)

ps. I am so excited to see that movie. A lot of it was filmed near us at Mt. Rushmore!