January 30, 2008

Holy Weather

Sunday: Windy day, but it was a warm wind and so it melted alot of our snow.
Monday: Horrible. It was so so super windy and snowy. It wasn't a soft fluffy snow either. It was a pain-in-the-neck-to-go-outside-hit-you-in-the-face-hard-little-balls type of snow. In fact, when I dropped J off at school she went to shut the door and didn't get it quite shut when a gust of wind came and flung the door open, with her still holding onto it, thus throwing her to the ground. Needless to say she started crying so I had to jump out, go get her off the ground, shut the door, and then run her into the school. When I got back to my van I noticed that my car was full of those stupid snow balls. Then, it stopped. Ahhhh!
(this is not a blurry picture, this is to try to capture how hard the stupid wind was blowing)
Tuesday: No wind! No snow! That is until about 4:30. Then it snowed and snowed and snowed and snowed. Usually when I take M to dance it takes me about 10 to 15 minutes tops to get her there and to get back home. Yesterday however it took me about 50 minutes. It was hateful.
Wednesday: Apparently we got another good dumping during the night, because we woke up to at least a foot of snow on the ground. The kids were hoping for a snow day, but I don't think we have those here. Right now it's not snowing and the wind isn't blowing! But, before I get too excited I must remind myself that there is more to come. We have severe winter storm watch going on here right now. We are supposed to get another storm tonight, Friday, and Sunday. Oh the joys of Utah weather.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

you can get cute backgrounds at www.cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com

they are all free! That is where I got my back ground. just follow the instructions on her blog!

The weather has been insane here to!

nikko said...

Yikes! It has been super windy here, too. But of course we don't have the snow to go with it.

I changed my blog... Don't know if you've found me at my new home or not. The link should be in my profile. :o)

Cheri said...

Sounds alot like Michigan weather. We had a blizzard last night- it's settling down now, but Thursday night it's supposed to storm again!

Mel said...

Snow day... yah that would be nice wouldn't it!

They never cancel anything in Utah. Oh, and I can feel your frustrations. Where is the sun?

Lei said...

Well, here's to a snowless Thursday! One can hope!

Lana said...

my goodness! Yucky weather :(

I like your new look and way to go on the ticker!!!

Lorina said...

I know how you feel. I kept telling my husband we should just move to Chicago if this is how Utah is going to act. I HATE snow most of the time. Except today of course, today is so beautiful.

I have a good life said...

The snow is very pretty, but I don't really miss it. It is cold and windy enough and I don't miss driving in it. Still...there is something so serene about it!