January 27, 2008

Zithromax

Last night J was up all night crying and complaining about her ear. She was in serious pain. Nothing seemed to help. We tried ear drops, pain reliever, putting cotton balls in her ear, heating bags, but nothing helped. We rocked her, held her, told her stories, watched T.V. with her, but nothing helped. It was a LONG night. I felt so bad for her, because everything we tried failed to help her. So, today I took her to the Instacare and she has a horrible ear infection. I asked if I could look through the scope. The right ear was gray and transparent, but the left was red, bulging, had fluid build up, and a little bit of blood. The doc gave us a prescription, so hopefully her pain will go away and we can all have a better night.

10 comments:

Mel said...

Poor kid! Hopefully that Zithromax will kick in soon.

Klin said...

I love Zithromax. I sure hope it affords you a night of sleep and your J some much needed relief.

I have a good life said...

Poor J. Poor you. What a long night. Ear infections hurt. Since it was a really bad one...Zithromax was necessary, but I know you have a good chiro that could adjust her ears and relieve the fluid and pressure if you catch it early on! :)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Hey cute cousin! I saw you'd written to Justin and Tiffany and found your blog. .. miss and love you, can't wait to keep posted! xoxo

Chellie said...

Poor J! I hope today has gone much better!

Cheri said...

Poor J! Ear infections hurt so bad. I've had them as an adult so now I have an idea of what those little ones are feeling.
Thank goodness the medicine helps quickly but then you have to deal with the ear feeling plugged for a couple of weeks.
Hope she feels better soon!

Tonya said...

Poor little one, ear pain is the wosrt. I hope the medicine helps quickly.

Lana said...

poor J!
I love your new picture on your side bar. You are so exotic :)

Tori :) said...

Poor kiddo!! I hope she feels better soon!!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Aww how sad! Good thing Zithromax works like magic!