November 2, 2007

Girls Weekend


For my MILs' birthday she wanted to have a girls' weekend. Her mom, sister, and some nieces came from Idaho, and a daughter came from Colorado. It was fun for the girls to spend time together.

Friday night we went out to dinner to Applebee's, which was so YUMMY!! Then we headed to Gardner Village for Witchapalooza! The whole place was decorated with witches and most people there were dressed up as well. We walked around and looked through the fun shops, got candy apples, and took lots of pictures. We had a great time, and plan on making this a yearly tradition! Next year I hope to be able to go a little earlier to enjoy more of the festivites!

After that we headed back to my MILs' for a slumber party. We stuffed ourselves with delicious snacks, played games, and stayed up late talking. I thought for sure Grandma would be exhausted and fall asleep, but she stayed awake with the rest of us, and was the first one up in the morning.

Saturday we slept in!! After everyone was up and dressed we had a yummy soup brunch. Then of us went shopping. I had to go home for a little so T and DH could go to the BYU football game. When the game was over, the girls got back together for more fun!

It was great being able to spend time with family and bond. I will look forward to next year with much anticipation!

6 comments:

Tori :) said...

Sounds like so much fun!! You're lucky that you LIKE hanging out with your MIL.

Tonya said...

Girls weekends are the bomb!! We all need a little getaway now and then. Glad you had fun.

Klin said...

You have the MIL I dreamed of. That is awesome that you do sleep overs with her. That's what my mom does, but my MIL didn't (when she was alive).

I'm thinking it's time for a family sleep over.

Amanda said...

sounds like you guys had so much fun!! I love the pictures of how you guys dressed up!!! looks like you all had a blast!

Cheri said...

Oh how fun- nothing better than girls night out!

Suzanne said...

How fun!!! I'll definitely have to try that idea with my own family sometime! :)