August 9, 2007

M's Party!

Last weekend we finally had M's birthday party. Her actual birthday was almost a month ago, but with vacation and illnesses and all that other fun stuff we weren't able to get to it until now. Luckily she didn't care when we had it, she was just happy that we did. She is my easy, care-free child. DH took the boys out to dinner to a mongolian bbq and to go see "Transformers". They were so excited that they didn't have to stay and party with the girls and that they were going to have some alone time with their dad. They had a great time. I'm glad they were able to do something that was just for them.


We made the cutest flip flop invitations which I forgot to take a picture of. All the girls came in their p.j.'s., ready to party. M had Hannah Montana playing as all the girls were arriving, and they all danced, giggled, and ran around. We started the party off with a very healthy dinner of pizza rolls, mozarella sticks, chips, capri suns, and sushi-rice krispy-rolls! I was surprised at how much those girls ate. They must have been very hungry!


After we were done eating, we painted toe nails. Some of the girls couldn't decide which color to use and had to try several times before getting the right one. Once they were all done with the polish, they lined up to get flowers painted ontheir toes. I had the privilege of doing this. The flowers turned out cute and the girls were all happy, so it was a successful activity!
Our next item on the agenda was presents. M got some very fun things from her friends and I'm sure she was happy with everything! They all wanted to open everything right away and start playing, so that was a sign to me of a happy birthday girl.
After presents was cake!! I saw this darling cake on lei's blog, and I had to steal her idea. M thought it was adorable too and so I made one for her. The girls also loved it. We sang Happy Birthday and then M blew out her 8 candles. I can't believe she is 8. Crazy!
As their party favor, I bought white pillowcases and put purple ribbon around the top (A job that I thought I could do in no time at all and of course waited until a few hours before the party to even start sewing. What was I thinking?) Luckily the girls loved them. I bought some markers and the girls got to decorate their pillowcase. Some took their time, and others knew exactly what they were doing and got it done! They were decorated with everything from, flowers, polka dots, squiggly lines, names, handprints, footprints, hearts, and more.
M had a great time, and I think everyone else did too. I felt like it was a great party and was glad that M appreciated all that was done!

15 comments:

Tori :) said...

WOW! You know how to PAR-TAY! But I already knew that...
Looks totally fun.

Lana said...

that looks like so much fun! you are a funny Mama!!

cute pj's on M :)

Suzanne said...

You are such a fun Mom!

Look at that darling cake and those pillowcases. And you took the time to paint flowers on every girl's toenails? Wow! I'll bet the girls will remember this party for the rest of their lives.

Now are those Twinkies topless in the bed? Ha! Kidding...

Suzanne said...

P.S. I sent you an e-mail yesterday! Did you get it? :)

nikko said...

What a fun party! The cake is really cute. Wonder if my boys will ever go for a cake like that. ROFL.

Shelah said...

Totally adorable! After seeing Lei's blog, my 5 1/2 yo has already requested the same theme and the same cake at her upcoming birthday.

Anonymous said...

What a fun party for an 8 year old. I will keep that in mind for my daughter in a few years.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

ok, I cannot believe she's 8... for several reasons: 1. she can't possibly ALREADY be 8, where has the time gone???!?!?! and 2. she does not look 8, she actually looks so much older. You're gonna have to watch that one Val, she's a supermodel. Huh, reminds me of someone I know... maybe her MOM! Sure love you and wish I were seeing you and your cute fam tomorrow. Soon, let's promise that.

Klin said...

What fun! I love fun girl parties. My boys always choose the boring ones, but they are easy. My Kim is having a Luau/Water Party tomorrow with 12 friends! Should be interesting.

Jennie said...

that looks like such a great party! i love it all! i am sure she did too!

tami and todd said...

I love that cake, nice job!

Tori :) said...

You got an award! You got an award!! Check it out on my blog. :D

Lisa M. said...

I LOVE it= that cake is darling! So much fun!

Great pictures!

The toenail painting is such a fun thing, and my nieces love Hanna Montana.

Fun, fun, fun!

Chellie said...

awe.. so cute! girls are fun... I'm slowly but surely finding that out.
You are such a cute mom!

Lei said...

It turned out so well! Love the flowers on the toes.

:)