August 2, 2007

Idaho, Day 5 & 6

After 2 very busy days, we decided to take it easy. Thursday we kind of relaxed and hung out all morning. In the afternoon my SIL and her family came for the night. We let the kids swim in the ditch and took them on little canoe rides up and down the ditch. We couldn't go very far, but they had a blast none-the-less. The water was chilly but that didn't stop them. There was lots of splashing, laughter, and fun to be had. The only bad thing about the ditch was that T came out with leeches on his foot. They were just tiny ones, but they were so disgusting. I did learn that pouring a little bit of vinegar on the leeches takes care of the problem. After we found them on him, I made all the kids go into the house for a leech check. So sick! Luckily no one else had any that day. Friday they went swimming again and both T and S got some. After that, the girls decided that they didn't want to go swimming any more.



When all the ditch fun was over, we loaded up the quads and headed for the sand dunes. It was hot and dirty, but very very fun. J is a little dare devil. The faster you go on those babies, the more fun she has. She loves it! T learned how to drive by himself, and was so proud of that fact. When we got home we were filthy. The kids had sand all over their bodies. In their ears, up their nose, on their heads, in between toes, in their belly buttons, and many other places. So, we showered them all up. It was like a little train. I stood in the bathroom, next to the shower and washed little ones bodies and help them rinse, then I wrapped them in their towels, and sent them out the door to my SIL who then got them all dry and jammied up. I think we got 7 kids bathed and dressed in about 30 minutes! When all was said and done, I was soaking wet, the bathroom floor was muddy, we had lots of dirty laundry, but we had clean and happy kids.
We then cooked dinner and had the kids settle down to a movie. When all that was done, we tucked them all into bed and they were out in a flash. I think all the busy activities wiped them out. All the adults zonked pretty quickly too!

4 comments:

Tori :) said...

Leeches??? Eek! It makes me think of "Stand By Me."

lera said...

It all sounds fun ... well, except for the leeches!! Yikes!

Melanie said...

Leeches, totally Stand By Me! Impressive with the bath time though. I think I take a half hour to bathe and dress just one little girl. I am constantly amazed by you moms with more than one!

Lana said...

sick! you should come swim in my pool instead of the ditch!