August 21, 2007

M's Baptism



M got baptized on Friday, August 17. I can't believe it. I thought after having T baptized I would be okay with M being baptized too. But, I was wrong. Wrong because I was a complete mess. I can't believe my babies are growing up. She has been so excited to be baptized. She's been waiting and waiting for this day for a long time.
We were lucky enough to have lots of family come. Papa and Grandma came from California where Papa has been teaching during the summer. Uncle Alec, Aunt Kelly, and Katie came from Idaho. And of course we had all of our family who live close by come as well.
Uncle Alec gave the baptism talk and I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. My dear friend sang "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus". It was beautiful. The spirit was definitely there with us that day. M just glowed. She looked like a little angel. I hope and pray that she will remember the covenants she made on that special day and that she will have the desire to remain true to the gospel. She is our peacemaker and is always so pleasant to be around! I am grateful every day that Heavenly Father sent her to our family!
After her baptism we went out to dinner. She chose Sizzler, and the food was yummy! We had a wonderful day and I'm so glad we were able to share that special day with so many friends and family.

15 comments:

Gina said...

What a beautiful forever family you've got there! I am so happy everything turned out well and you could have your family there. M is glowing!

Tori :) said...

What beautiful pictures!! Congrats to M!! Good job Mom!

Mel said...

That is so so neat! I love the family photo. Your kids are all so grown up!

Klin said...

Congratulations to M. Sounds like she had a very special day. My girls always choose Sizzler, too. They say it's their favorite restaurant.

Cute family picture, too.

nikko said...

Cute pictures! I'm not sure if I'm ready for mine to be that old, either!

Cheri said...

What a beautiful family picture- congratulations on that special day. I would have been a mess too!
In fact I was a mess when my son made profession of Faith- it's a normal mom thing!
Cheri

Melanie said...

You really are a beautiful family! Congratulations to your little M, what a special day.
Lin and I were just talking about how we always chose Sizzler for our special dinners when we were little too, funny!

Chellie said...

she looks like an angel!
You have a beautiful family!

Lei said...

Yay... whta soecial day. Mu odlest got baptized just 4 months ago. :)

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

Beautiful. All of it. Congrats to you. Congrats to M. What a big, special, important, and spiritual day.

lera said...

Congratulations, M! What a big day for you!

Suzanne said...

What a special day! Thanks for sharing it with us! Oh and congrats with what happened on Tuesday. I'll bet you guys are so excited! :D

tami and todd said...

that is so sweet! congratulations little m!

swampbaby said...

What a beautiful family! My oldest will be getting baptized this time next year and I'm already freaking out about it! Congratulations on two down, two to go :-)

Amanda said...

Congratulations M!!! What an exciting day for her and for your family. It is hard to see them getting so big.

Your family picture at the baptism is so sweet! What a beautiful family you have!