August 6, 2007

Dance, Dance Revolution BABY!!


On Saturday, we went to Tori's for a BBQ. It was a blast! I'm really glad we got to do it. I feel like I've known her for a long time. We had a great time and I hope they did too!

She let me try out Dance, Dance Revolution! I sucked, but it was so fun. I could totally see myself doing that at home all the time if I had one. Maybe it'd be a good form of exercise!
I've got to get myself one for many reasons:
a.) I need the exercise.
b.) My kids would love it.
c.) I would love it.
d.) I've got to practice so Tori and I can have a dance off!
She is WAY better at it than I am. But, just wait I'll be there soon and then the competition is on!
I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. I guess I'm a dork. Actually I know I am because DH and Sei kept telling us that. Aren't they sweet!

10 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

I came over from Tori's blog- I was thinking the same thing- great exercise! Might also help on occasion to wear out the boys!

Tori :) said...

I can not believe you posted that 1st picture... and I deleted the arm one. What was I thinking???
You kicked butt for it being your 1st time. I'm impressed. You'll be showin' me w'sup in no time.
I won 2 mats on ebay, so I'm ready for competition. Bwahahaha!! :)
I had a blast. Thanks!

Melanie said...

Ah, my little Val! Always the dancer at heart.
Along the same lines as the DDR, I highly recommend trying Guitar Hero. Lin's family played for hours on their last vacation down here. It's the same idea, but you play along on a "guitar" controller. Having no hand-eye coordination myself, I am ridiculously bad at it. Good times though!

lera said...

I've been wanting to try DDR. Some girls in church get together and use it for exercise (even though it was bought for their children). I heard it's great fun, too.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

We got a generic knockoff DDR with cheesy digital ringtone sounding music. We dance and sweat, though, and make my man, Richard Simmons, glisten with pride!

Gina said...

I need to try the dancing next time I go over to Tori's! What fun! I look forward to hearing the results of that dance off in the near future.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

my friend used it to lose her baby weight and it totally worked. I was impressed... although apparently not enough to get off my lazy-a and try it out! :)

Mel said...

It sounds fun! I want to try it too:)

Klin said...

What?! You looked like you held your own (saw the video on Tori's blog). Looked like tons of fun.

The dance off could be another blog-fest type get together. I'll bring the awards!

Suzanne said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! How fun that you both live so close together! :D