June 20, 2007

Spanish Fork River Park



We found this cute new park just up the canyon and have enjoyed going there for dinner. It's only about 10 minutes away so we can go up there for a quick dinner and some fun. On Monday, we got some KFC and picked up Grandma and headed out. We had a great time. We ate dinner and then went for a walk. Grandma taught the kids how to make necklaces and bracelets out of indian grass. They thought that was so cool.


The kids played on the playground for a while. T and M played some horseshoes with their dad. Then, we roasted marshmellows and made smores. It was a great night. T had a great time helping his dad start the fire. He is really starting to enjoy different things now. It's so fun to watch him grow and to get excited about new things.

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like so much fun! :D

Tori :) said...

That is a nice little park. Great find!!

Email me about "Blog-fest 2007"- we're planning on getting together. swampbrat at gmail dot com.

Suzanne said...

Ditto what Tori said. You can e-mail me also about Utah Blog-fest 2007 at suzannestoatgmaildotcom. Let us know what days you have free at the end of July or August. I'd love to meet you! :D

Suzanne said...

P.S. It looks like you had so much fun going up the canyon. We've got to go too, but just haven't made it yet. Hmmm...toasted marshmallows! :D

Chellie said...

My brother-in-law and his family live in Springville and they have talked about that canyon/park! Looks so fun. Your family is so gorgeous!

From the sounds of it, I'll be in UT at my parents house-- I agree with Tori and Suzanne-- I'd love to meet you! Well, all of you for that matter :)

Chellie said...

oh yeah, and about my header, thanks for saying it's cute :)
My friend Jen will totally make you a personalized one see her blog at http://crazyfunlaytons.blogspot.com/

Chellie said...

...and she'll make it for FREE. I've noticed some people our doing it, but charging you for it! :)

sorry for all the comments :)

Amanda said...

I just came by to tell you about the blogfest, but I'm glad Tori and Suzanne already thought of you. :D I hope you can make it, I would love to meet you!

I have a good life said...

Hey! I wonder if that is the same park I went to all the time growing up. If it is, it brings back awesome memories! :)

nikko said...

Glad you had so much fun!

Lana said...

that picture makes me sad because I wish I was standing on the stumps with you!

Gina said...

That is so fun! I am way over due to have some smores! You all are so cute! Love the photos!