June 22, 2007

A Late Father's Day


I realized that I never posted about father's day, so here we go, just a little late. We had a very nice, relaxing father's day. We of course went to church, where I had to speak. I think it went pretty well. I always get so nervous, but I had several people tell me I did a good job, so I guess it must not have been too horrible.


When DH came home, we sent him on a scavenger hunt to find his presents. It was a lot of fun and the kids enjoyed following him around. I feel so blessed to have DH as a husband and a father to my children. He's awesome.

Then, of course I can't talk about father's day, without talking about my own dad. How lucky I feel to have such a wonderful dad. He's been a hero of mine for a long time. My dad is patient, kind, understanding, spiritual, intelligent, has a good sense of humor, and my list could go on and on. He raised me in the gospel with good standards and for that I am forever in his debt. Not only was he an amazing father, but he is an amazing Papa. My kids adore him, as do all the other grandkids. S loves to play dinosaurs with him and has been one of his biggest fans since he was about one. We lived with my parents for about a year and S got attached to his Papa. Then, when we moved my dad thought that S would move on, but boy was he wrong. He talks about his Papa almost daily. He wants him to come to his birthday parties, or to play with him, or just to be with him. We are sad that he lives sooo far away. It's no surprise that S and all the other kids want to be with him, he is a wonderful person. I'd love to be with him all the time too!
So, sorry for the late post, but to those wonderful men in my life:
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

6 comments:

Gina said...

Sweet post! The scavenger hunt is a fun idea!

I am glad you have a dad like that... I appreciate my dad raising me in the gospel too! What a treasure!

Chellie said...

So cute. I just love that picture of your DH and the kids. You have such a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of your hubby and kids. Beautiful family!

And your dad sounds so very sweet! He's adorable in that photo! Glad everyone had a great Father's Day!

Jane, P&B Girls

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a fun father's day! I love that picture of your husband and your kids. Your dad sounds like a great dad and grandpa!

Tori :) said...

YAY for a great Father's Day.
Love the scavenger hunt idea.

Suzanne said...

Great post! I love to hear about men that take on the role of Grandfather just as seriously as father.

I'm glad you did your post, even if it wasn't right on Sunday. I didn't do one and I wish now I'd done a late one too! :)