October 30, 2010

T's First School Dance

T went to his first school dance a few weeks ago. This is something I hadn't thought too much about, so I wasn't prepared when he asked me if he could go. I remember going to school dances in Jr. High that were either during school or right after. And I had fun. DH went to dances too. So, I told him he could go. Of course I had to lay down some ground rules first. He agreed.

He was so excited to go. It was pretty cute. He came home from school and wanted to change. So, he changed, brushed his teeth, combed his hair, and put on some cologne. He was all set to go. He looked so handsome. It was very strange dropping him off. When we first got to the school, he sat in the car for a minute trying to talk himself in to going. First he asked if he looked stupid. Then he was nervous about what to do. Finally he decided it was actually okay to go. I told him to call me if there were any problems or when he was ready to come home.
He stayed the whole time and had a blast!

No comments: