October 26, 2010

"I Feel So Good!"

I can't believe J's baptism was almost a month ago and I still haven't posted about it yet.
She has been so excited to get baptized for a long time. I think she's probably been talking about it for close to a year. So, when the day finally came she was super excited. She had picked out her dress, asked people to participate in the program, and was ready for her day!

Can't you just see the happiness on her face?!

Not a great family photo, but we needed to have one on her special day.

After J came out of the water and I was helping her change, she looked at me and said,"Mom, I feel soo good!" I just hugged her. It was a very tender moment for me as a mom. I learned a lot from her that day. It's amazing to me how simple words from a child can strengthen the testimony of an adult. Later I bore my testimony to her about how if we follow the commandments and do what is right that we will always "feel so good". Heavenly Father has made it clear to us that we will be happy and have good feelings if we are following him. Her baptism was beautiful. I'm so thankful for her decision to be baptized, for her testimony, and for the sweet spirit she brings to our family. What a special little girl!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a wonderful, special day. One of those things to remember always. As they get older sometimes those things are forgotten, but if we remind them how they felt on those days, it may help.

She is so cute.

Fisher Family said...

You guys look awesome!! Glad her day was special.