August 11, 2010

What Doesn't Belong?

The other day I came home from running errands and J told me that M had swallowed some magnets. What? I thought only 2 or 3 year olds swallow small objects. But oh no, my sweet girl who is 11, swallowed two. It actually was an accident, but I like to give her a hard time about it. I'd heard that swallowing magnets can be very dangerous because if they find their way back together while inside it could pinch off a part of the intestine or stomach or whatever and cut off the blood supply to that area, causing damage. So, I decided to take her in. Luckily they were already stuck together when she swallowed them but the doctor wanted to do an x-ray just to make sure they weren't stuck in her esophagus or anywhere they shouldn't be. There they were already in her intestines. She should pass them just fine. CRAZY girl! I've been teasing her but she's being a pretty good sport about the whole thing. I'm just glad she's okay!

7 comments:

c. griffith said...

ay ay ay! stuff i get look forward to! :)

nikko said...

Ack! I would have been a bit freaked out, too!

We live in some townhomes at Lancaster Blvd and 20th. It's been fun to be in your parents' old ward!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia} said...

glad everything's ok, that would scare me too! you gonna let her find them herself? i sure hope so!! ;)

utmommy said...

mom now the whole world knows. i love u

Gina said...

Oh man... what a story and such a fun photo to go with it. Glad she is okay.

Yvonne said...

That must have been very scary--glad she is okay.

liz said...

Oh my oh my oh my!!!! That is one funny story! I think I would have freaked out if I were you!