March 9, 2008

Smores Cake

Every year I let the kids pick what kind of cake they want me to make them for their birthday. I try my best to do what they ask for. This year T wanted a smores cake. I found one in a cook book and tried my best to copy it. Here is what the finished product looked like. T was happy with it so that is what matters most.

Friday, the actual day of T's birthday was such a busy day. While the kids had school, I babysat, went to the grocery store, the bank, bought dance shoes and tights for M, and started the cake. Once the kids got home we cleaned up and some friends came over. Then M had to get ready for dress rehersal. I picked up her friend, dropped T and S off at the school to wait for some other kids I had to babysit, took the girls to dress rehersal, went back to pick up the boys and the kids. One of the boys had a cut on their hand, I didn't have anything in the car except for a diaper, so he wrapped his hand in the diaper and I took him home. Then we went back to the dress rehersal for a little bit. Next I had a meeting for 4H, which I teach after school. So I loaded up the troops once again, and we were off to the meeting. When I got there Corbin (the little boy I watch) had had a huge blowout in his diaper. So I stripped him down, finished the meeting, went home to dress him, and then dropped him off at his house. Then we went to pick M up, and finally were able to go home. Once the other three kids that I watch were gone, it was like 7:30 or 8:00. DH would be home soon, I didn't have dinner ready, so we decided to wait and go grab so pizza when he got back. By the time we got home S was asleep, J went straight to bed, and the other two were close behind. We asked T if he wanted his cake, he could barely answer. So we took that as a no.




Point of the story: Friday was so busy we had no time for cake. So, we had cake in the morning.





15 comments:

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

impressive cake!

and Happy Birthday to YOU, too!!

Misty said...

No doubt that is one of the best cakes I've seen!

Chellie said...

Wow! Such a cool cake!! Great job!!
Sounds like a busy day! Cake in the morning is better than no cake at all!

Klin said...

That's a cool cake! I love cake in the morning. Bill Cosby's says it has milk and eggs in it so it must be good for breakfast;)

Anna said...

you are so cute and so creative!

Tori :) said...

That cake is stinkin' cute!! Can you email me the recipe????

Cake for breakfast=COOL MOM

Nancy Face said...

Love the cute cake! :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you, too! What kind of cake did YOU have? :D

Lana said...

that is the best looking graham cracker! you are so cool!

Happy Birthday T!!

I love your little table in the back corner of the picture.

Cheri said...

The cake turned out great!

Gabriela said...

Wow, that's a cool cake. Happy Birthday to T and Happy Birthday to you!!!

(ok, I am feeling totally old that we both have 10 year olds now but I am somehow almost 4 years older than you!!!)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

That cake looks so amazing!!! You are an awesome mom to make whatever cake they want!

Ok, I died laughing when you said he wrapped his hand in a diaper haha!

Yvonne said...

What a great mom!!! What a busy day--and is there anything better than cake in the morning?!?

Happy Birthday to you.

nikko said...

I let them pick a cake, too. It's such a fun tradition.

Very impressive!

Lorina said...

That fantastic! You are a cake queen! I really need to learn to do more FANCY things for celebrations.

Brooklyn's 1st birthday was pretty neat..I made different kinds of cupcakes. It worked out. But I think maybe I want to do some fancier for Maddox and Brooklyn this year.

Thanks for the brilliant Ideas!

Anonymous said...

That cake looks great! How did it taste?