March 6, 2008

Bear Scout


We went to the Blue and Gold Banquet for Scouts last week. T got his Bear badge, a gold arrow, and five sliver arrows. He barely made it, since his birthday is tomorrow. He was very excited to receive this award. Our scouting program is slowly starting to get better which I'm grateful for because the boys really enjoy going. I think it's so important to have good leaders who are motivated to help the boys succeed in scouts. I now know why the mom gets a pin when the boy gets his badge, and that's because it's a lot of work. I'm happy to help and I enjoy it, but it's a lot to do. Now we've got to start working on the next goal!

12 comments:

Three Love kids said...

congrats to Tanner and to you Mom. That is fun. I like your shirt, you look cute. Happy B-day to Tanner tomorrow, i did send a card hope he gets it in time. Love ya

Misty said...

Hey! Great for you guys, for both of you!

I have a good life said...

Congrats to T (and mom!). Sorry about the flood. What a pain.

Mel said...

Good job T, that's a lot of arrow points!

Ya, our new cubmaster didn't give out the mothers pins at the Blue and Gold and I was bugged. Having great scout leaders makes a big difference. I'm glad it is getting better for you.

Company EIGHT said...

That's great--congrats T and mom! :)

Rowberry Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Great job tanner and also to you Val! How exiting! Val you need to let me know what you are doing to lose all that weight, you look so great! Will you do a post of things you have been doing to lose weight???

Chellie said...

Woo-Hoo! Way to go! That's so awesome! I'm so excited for you both!

Tonya said...

Very fun, my son is looking forward to scouting and so am I.

Amanda said...

YEAH!!!! that is so great! What a cute picture too!

Melissa said...

Gotta love scouts..I am a bear scout leader and I love my little men that come each week they are so fun and I hear the craziest stories. Great Job T!!

Fleur de Bee said...

My husband is an Eagle Scout and I agree with you fully about the program leaders. My step-son is in scouts...so important for boys I think. Congrats to him, how exciting!!

Pezlady Jana said...

Cub Scouts rocks! I used to be a leader until I got transferred into Activity Days. It was so much fun!! Good job T!