March 20, 2008

Dance



Dance Lessons: $90/month
Warm Ups: $80
Costumes: $150
Make-Up: $40
Competition Fee: $135
This Face: Priceless
I know it's a pricey thing to do but I'd rather spend the money and know what my kids are doing than have them be doing things that they shouldn't. M had her first dance competition on Saturday. She was SO excited. They did very well. She has really been enjoying dance and is very good at it. I'm glad that she's found something that she loves to do. She tried soccer and it just wasn't her thing. Then she started dance and loves it.

Out of 100 points they scored in the 90's. They got 3rd place in both of her dances. They were so cute and did so well. The only frustrating part was that some of the teams should've entered under a different category. Our girls are beginners and I know that some of the other teams definitly weren't. I think it's sad that people feel the need to stack the odds in their favor. Oh well. The girls still had a blast!

12 comments:

Company EIGHT said...

How fun! It sounds like they had a great team competing and enjoying the day. I can't wait until my girls are old enough to try dance!

just jamie said...

"Girl's just wanna have fun." Darling little dancers.

Thanks for stopping by. I'll check back with ya.

Chellie said...

I love it! I can't wait for those days to come... well, that is if Scarlet is a dancer :)
She looks adorable and I'm glad she enjoys it and does well!

Cheri said...

She looks just beautiful. My daughter did dance for a year and loved it too!

Yvonne said...

How fun--you are so right--it is PRICELESS!!! It is wonderful when they find something they enjoy.

tami and todd said...

How fun! I agree with you about investing in our children!

Tori :) said...

YAY!! How great!
Isabel just started dance too and really likes it.

Lorina said...

Darling! I am going to put Brooklyn in dance when she turns 3! I am so excited. I love little dancers, their like the cutest thing alive.

Tonya said...

So very cute!! Some things are just worth the money. She's learning discipline, getting exercise, learning to work as a team and so much more.

lera said...

Congratulations!

Nancy Face said...

Lauren started dancing just before turning three, and kept it up through high school. It was a wonderful part of her life, and well worth the money! :)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

(Tear) I miss dance! Competitions were always so fun!

Dance is so expensive but SOOOOO worth it. I will never forget the memories I have, and the character it built.

Her costume is adorable!!