February 10, 2008

Should I Be Worried?



The other day we were driving over to some friends' house and the kids said, "Hey, Dad remember when we were driving here before and we saw those naked kids playing?" We both looked at each other wondering what the heck they were talking about. After they did a little bit of explaining we finally understood what they were talking about. We had driven by before and there were two little babies playing on a porch, naked. Then, I told them that we don't look at naked people. And S replied with, "What if it's a hot chick?"
I do have to admit it was funny at first, but WHAT? Where did that come from? Why would a 6 year old say that? And, how would he know to say such things? Should I be worried?

10 comments:

Tori :) said...

Oh dear... That made me LOL but yeah, I'd be stressin' it too. Tristan sent a text to a friend that said something like "I wish I could see Emily in a bikini." Aack!

Mel said...

So funny! I'm the same way.. my initial reaction is to laugh and then I start thinking, "Uh, where did that come from". My eight year old worries me.

Amanda said...

ok that is funny. When you told me that this weekend, I couldn't help but laugh!!!! I think your kids are so funny. It was so great to see them this weekend! I got some GREAT pictures! I will email them today!

Cheri said...

Yeah, I chuckled at first too but I think I would just keep an ear open and see if anything else gets said that concerns you. It was probably just a one time thing.
I think they hear alot of things at school.

Yvonne said...

I had to laugh--I'm sorry. You know your kids better than anyone and you'll know whether you should worry.

Three Love kids said...

oh my that is funny. boys are just full of fun surprises..

Tonya said...

Oh boy, the things our children say. I have a hard time not laughing out loud at that one. I wouldn't worry to much. He probably doesn't even know what it means.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

what if she is hot?! how old is he??? :)

Gina said...

Oh you are making me nervous to see how Liam turns out in a few years... you just never know what they are exposed to, but that was funny nevertheless.

Chellie said...

oh goodness!