October 18, 2007

Finally, a Good Pack Night!

For a long time I have really been struggling with our scouting program. We haven't had great pack nights, weekly meetings, or anything for that matter. But, recently things have been much better. We got some new leaders who seem motivated to make scouts a positive experience for these boys.

I was having kind of a crazy day the other night; I was tired, the kids were cranky, DH was gone. I got the three younger ones all bathed and T was changed for scouts. I thought I was doing good, until I pulled into the parking lot and realized that it was pack night. So, we stayed, kids in jammies and all. I was actually glad we stayed because it ended up being a lot of fun. T's den sang a song about trains and the bear den did a skit. Then, we built train cars. It was interesting to see each persons take on their train car. Some kids used paint, others markers, one kid wrapped his in string (it was a ghost car), the girls put a feather boa on theirs. They all had a great time. Then, once all the cars were done they lined up and had races. The night was finished off with cookies!

I was glad that it was pack night and that it turned out to be so nice. It made my evening much better, and the kids behavior was much better too. T loves scouts and I'm so glad that things are getting better with the program.

9 comments:

Lana said...

looks like fun!

nikko said...

Glad your scout program is getting better. Sometimes all it takes is some new people called!

Yay for pack meeting!

Tori :) said...

YAY! We have pack meeting tonite. I'm so lame I usually send Alec and Isabel... I guess I'll go tonite.

Emily said...

Sounds like fun!

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That does look like fun- I wonder if my boys will be doing that someday!?

Steph

Suzanne said...

How fun! I'm so excited for "D" to be in scouts in 6 months! :)

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

NOW that looks like fun! Even in jammies! (I'm pretty sure their mama did a lot of fun and crazy things with her friends in her jammies back in the day!)

Cheri said...

Sounds like a great night. I bet the kids had a lot of fun and used alot of energy up-YAH!!

I have a good life said...

Yea! How fun for your kids! How great to feel like it was really worth it! :) You are a great mom.