October 5, 2007

Blogging Drought

For some reason I feel like I don't have much to blog about lately. This seems silly even to me. It's not like I'm not super busy every day all day long. So, I'm not sure what it is. My sis told me, that I've been a real bad blogger lately. So, I'm going to try and redeem myself here a bit. I've been reading and commenting a little, just haven't been posting.

This week we had our Enrichment meeting. I think this just might be my eternal calling. We had a harvest dinner and played some games. We ate bbq chicken, salad, rolls, beans, and a wide variety of desserts. After dinner we played some games. We had a bean bag toss, which seemed kind of juvenille, but everyone had a blast. We hung donuts from strings and had a race to see who could eat their donut the fastest without using their hands. I got a good laugh. Then, I taught line dancing. We did the Watermelon Crawl, and Boot Scootin' Boogie. I loved it. I love dancing and wish I had more opportunities to do so. I think all in all it turned out to be a very good night.

Tonight we had our "date night" with some friends. We've been getting together with two other couples for about 2 years now. We alternate who cooks dinner, dessert, and who brings games. Over the summer we didn't get together because everyones' schedule was so busy, but we finally got a chance to do it tonight. It was our turn to cook. I made pelmeny (a yummy yummy Russian dumpling soup), which is a favorite. I love eating it, but hate preparing it. It's not hard, just very very time consuming. We had a great time, and it was nice to spend time with good friends. All of our kids stayed at one house and played together while the adults went to another for dinner. When we went to pick them up, everyone was happy, some kids were sleeping, and the house wasn't a complete disaster! Sounds like success to me!

So, that's just a little of what we've been up to.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

I guess I'm not the only one up in the middle of the night! Too bad we're not neighbors, we could at least keep each other company. Miss you!

The donut game sounds fun, but it scares me a little. I tend to lose all self control with sugary foods. It's not good. Dang! Now I want a donut...or two.

I have a good life said...

Sounds like you have been having a great time. That Enrichment sounds like a blast. I know what it is like to just not feel like blogging. I think all bloggers go through it! :) BTW: I love the asphault story!

Tori :) said...

I haven't really been feelin' it lately either- but I still post. I'm narcissitic like that I guess.
I'm glad Enrichment nite went well and that date nite sounds like a great idea!
When are we gettin' together??

Tonya said...

I can relate about blogging. I haven't done much this week either. Just trying to keep my head above water.

The donut thing sounds like fun. I'll have to remember that. I love to line dance and haven't done it for years.

Thanks for the update!!

Klin said...

Wow, your Enrichment night sounds really fun. I don't know what we do for ours. It's on Tuesday night and I work til 10 PM on Tuesday nights.:(

The date thing sounds really fun. We get together with some couples and do BUNCO. It's the food and conversation that makes it fun. We have one really competitive couple that crack us all up. They like to win- I like to get the booby prize. It's so much more fun that way.

Amanda said...

Yay utmommy is back. I think the blogging blahs is going around!

What a fun enrichment night! Sounds like you do well in this calling! :) Your date night sounds like so much fun too! How fun to get together with other couples.

nikko said...

What a great way to have a date night!

swampbaby said...

That's a fun idea for date night. We have people over a lot for BBQs and stuff, but sometimes it seems like the crowd gets too big and I end up watching kids because it's at my place. I like your idea better.

Suzanne said...

I've been kind of like that lately too, with just not being sure what to post.

How fun that you got to teach line dancing! I haven't done that in years!