October 8, 2007

Discovery Center of Idaho


Two weekends ago we went to Boise to visit my brother and his family and to go to a baby blessing. The adults had planned to go golfing while the kiddos stayed home, but it was soo cold. My SIL and I didn't want to stand outside and freeze, so we opted for taking the kids to the Discovery Center, while the guys golfed.

It is a huge center with different rooms focusing on different things. They had areas about weather, electricity, water, physics, gravity, and lots of other fun and interesting things. We spent a long time there. The kids all had a blast. It was a fun way for the kids to learn about different things that they are surrounded by every day.

T's favorite thing had to do with electricity. There was a metal hand on a table attached to a bunch of different wires. When you put your hand against the metal one and turned a knob, you would get a small shock. Then, he discovered that if you licked your fingers, the shock would be stronger. He called each of us over so that he could shock us. He thought it was hilarious.

Saturday night we went out to dinner to Johnny Carino's and left the kids at home. I was a little nervous about this, but it all worked out great. They had fun being alone and everyone got along for the most part. For our appetizer we got Fire Sticks and they were so yummy. It was a tomato tortilla filled with chicken, bacon, sausage, cheeses, and I'm sure some other stuff. Then it was rolled, deep fried, and served with ranch. DELICIOUS!! I'm going to try and find a recipe similar to this, so I can make them myself.

After dinner we went over to my brothers' office so he could burn some ugly red spots off me. He said they are called angiomas. I hate them. He started doing some without numbing the spots, and they hurt. So, I told him I wanted him to numb me. Then, DH walked in and wanted to try to burn off the spots. I thought this was a horrible idea, DH didn't, and my brother was cracking up. So, DH ended up getting to do a few. They thought they were so funny. I told DH that he wouldn't be laughing if he knew what it felt like. So, he did it to himself a couple of times. Men are such dorks. But, now my spots are gone, and I'm glad. My poor brother always has to do some kind of work on me whenever I see him. Luckily he doesn't mind. At least I don't think he does.

I always love spending time with my brother and his family. They are so fun, and we get along really well. I hate that our family is spread out all over the place. It would be so nice if we could all be a little bit closer.

12 comments:

Cheri said...

Johnny Corino's is so good- if you find that recipe for the fire sticks please please post it- that sounds so good!!

swampbaby said...

We've never lived by family for the almost 10 years we've been married, except for a short time when Tori first moved to Utah. I'm starting to wish we all lived closer and could see each other more often.

lera said...

First, I can't believe "it was so cold." Can you please send some cooler weather east?

Second, looks like a great kids museum.

Klin said...

That discovery Center sounds fun. Can you tell what town in Idaho it is in, or would that violate privacy? I like to go to fun places like that. Thanks for the heads up about the shocker thing. My boys (hubs and 2 sons) would love that. Even more they would love shocking everyone!

So cool your bro can fix those red things. I have a few skin things I need fixed, but I don't have a bro to do it for me. Lucky for you.

Tori :) said...

I wish I had a brother who could zap things off of my or do surgery on my kids in the living room...

Tonya said...

That's great that your brother can help out like that and yes, men can be such dorks..lol

Sounds like it was a fun trip!

Zoe said...

What a great trip!! We love the Discovery museum in SLC. I love seeing the kid's eyes light up!

nikko said...

We would love some of that cool weather here, too!

Your date sounds fun. How wonderful that you trust your kids enough to leave them at home. Can't wait till we get to that stage!

Be Inspired Always said...

Great children's museum. I never even heard of Johnny Corino's. Might have to see if there is one around here.



Jillian

Lisa M. said...

I loved this entry! We have enjoyed many visits to the discovery center. I loved the pictures.

Yup, men are dorks- I think it is genetically a part of their make up!

Glad you had a good time!

Suzanne said...

I thought I was checking your blog pretty regularly, so how did I miss 3 posts??? :D

Men and males in general are dorks! How funny that your hubby wanted to burn off the spots himself then do it on himself! Then "T" wanted to make the shock stronger! LOL!

It sounds like you had a fun time. Those fire sticks sound so yummy! :)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

How fun! OK, so you have the cutest kids ever...

That food sounds amazing!