September 8, 2007

Playing Catch Up

WOW!

My life has been crazy. I've got so much to post. I can't find my camera so I'll have to post pictures later. Here's a brief recap of my life the last 2 1/2 weeks:

~kids started school; T is in 4th, M is in 3rd, S is in 1st, and J will be going into Kindergarten

~got the gross swimming pool parasite (yeah, the nasty one that's been going around from kids peeing and pooping in the pool)

~J turned 5 (my baby, it's crazy)

~J started Kindergarten

~started packing, got a horrible head cold, got the parasite AGAIN, kept packing

~MOVED!!!

~dealt with lame landlords, finished cleaning the old house and was done with that

~unpacked

~unpacked

~oh, and did I mention unpacked?

~switched bills, addressess, utilities

~soccer started, 4 games a week

~girls started dance (M made dance team! She is so excited. J is taking jazz)

~DH spoke in sacrament, and of course did a wonderful job

~my friends' husband got ordained an elder and then blessed their baby, it was a very special experience

~internet guy came, I was gone for 2 minutes and missed him

~internet guy came the next day and couldn't figure out how to hook it up (why is he the internet guy?)

~unpacked and a week later the internet guy came back and finally got it hooked up!!!

~got some cute furniture at IKEA (love that store!)

~decorated with some new stuff from Rod Works (love that store too!)

~attended random dinners, BBQ's, and game nights

~finally got to blog!!

~got everything but our bonus room upstairs all unpacked!!

So that's the brief version. I'll expand on a few of these in the near future!

15 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh Val, you're back! We've all missed you!
I heard that swimming pool yuckiness made it's way to California too. Thank goodness Norah is too little to go in any pools. I hope your little ones didn't get it too bad. Can't wait to see pictures of the new house and first day of school!

Lana said...

yea! You're back.
Yuck about the bug, sick :(

Can't wait to see pictures eitehr!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

me too, me too!

oh and the 10th of March would be fabulous! I got no problems with a week early... so maybe...

Amanda said...

So glad that you are back! Hurray!!

Glad that you are mostly unpacked and that you are getting settled in. Sounds like life is keeping you very busy. Sorry about the pool bug. That is just gross!!!

Klin said...

Glad you're back. That pool stuff is awful. My boys went to the gym and some girl made a stink about wanting her fees back because she couldn't swim. They told her to call the health department- as they have closed all the pools- even 7 peaks.

Are you loving your new place? Glad you are unpacked -mostly- can't wait to see some pics.

Tori :) said...

I really, really missed you!!! I'm so glad you're back. Let me come help with something. Or atleast come over to relax.. or play DDR.

lera said...

Busy, busy. Some fun stuff (school, bday and soccer) and some icky stuff (parasite, landlords, lack of internet).

Hope you are feeling better and it doesn't make a third round.

Cheri said...

So glad to have you back- sounds like you've really had your hands full.
Glad you're feeling better!
Cheri

nikko said...

Ugh about the bug, gross and wrong! Yuck!

Glad you're back online and moved in. Hope you feel settled and happy soon!

Sounds like your kiddos are all so busy!

Mel said...

Holy Smokes, you sure have been busy. So glad to have you back!

Your little one is in Kindergarten! How fun for you:)

Hope you are feeling better now!

Gina said...

My goodness gracious, woman! What a horrible time you've had! Glad you made it thru the crappy stuff so you could enjoy the good stuff!

See you soon!

Blackeyedsue said...

Wow! Lots and lots going on! Are you still in Utah?

That crypto thing is yucky! However if I weren't pregnant and I wanted to loose 20 lbs in a cinch, I could go for it. ;)

It is good to reat up on you!

Lisa M. said...

WELCOME BACK!

That sounds like, yuckies!

Fun things too though.

It's great to hear from you.

Glass Half Full said...

And I have been MIA too for a lot of those same reasons.

I love your blog's new look!!!

Lori

Wendy said...

Sounds nasty!! I heard about the nast virus only days after we had gone to a public swimming place, we lucked out and didn't get any illness. Sorry that you caught it though. And your game of playing catch up sounds as crazy as most of my days. Keep at it though!!