September 11, 2007

I remember



I remember.

However, this morning as I sleepily got out of bed this morning and opened the blinds I saw the flag in my yard waving proudly. I thought to myself, why is our flag up. Then I remembered. I will never forget that horrible day.

Kids got up and asked why we had a flag in the yard. I told them because it was the day that the planes crashed into the Twin Towers years ago. They know the story well. Even at their young ages they are hurt by what happened. They are sad for those who lost their lives. They, like us don't know why someone would do something so horrible.

As I think of that day it brings tears to my eyes. Our country was forever changed. I am thankful each day for the men and women serving our country to protect our freedom.

I remember.

6 comments:

Cheri said...

I remember too- I will never ever forget watching the 2nd plane crash into the tower.
We are so blessed to live in the best country in the world!

Tori :) said...

I remember too. God Bless America.

Mel said...

Great post! It is a day we will never forget...

God Bless the USA.

Amanda said...

I remember too! I pray we never forget the lessons we learned that day!

Glass Half Full said...

Its those moments in life that we will never forget.

Lori

Lammy said...

Well said. Very sweet.