I am so confused and frustrated. For some reason almost once a year, we have a huge life-changing decision to make. It's such a pain. Right now we have 3 options to choose from.
For the last little while we have been debating whether or not we want to move to Texas. I would LOVE to be there to be with my sister txmommy. We are each other's best friend. Our kids get along so well and it would be so great if they could grow up together. My parents also live there which would be great. The kids would love being with their grandparents. The problems with moving to Texas are the facts that we don't have a job there, and we don't have the money to move there. I hate money. We are really struggling right now. It sucks! I think living in Texas we would be able to save money because we would live with my parents. They are empty-nesters living in a big house. So, there's room for us, and we would love it. So, Texas has lots of bonuses, we just don't know how to get there. Ahhhhhh!
DH is working for T-Mobile. He loves his job. It just doesn't pay much. When you work on commission, they take 40% out in taxes regardless of how many exemptions you claim. Which means we aren't bringing home much money at all. Next month I'll start babysitting a little newborn which will help (a little). I'm also making calls everyday, which pays a little. But, we are still tight. In fact, I don't really know how we are surviving. We are making much less than we have for a long time. So stress big time. But, we love living in Utah. We have great friends here. Some of DH's family lives here. The kids have good friends and go to a great school. We love the seasons. We love the scenery. We are comfortable here. It's a great place to live, it's just so darn expensive for us.
DH went to a job interview yesterday and got offered a position with IM Flash Technologies. It's a great company. Our brother-in-law works there and he's doing really well. He's been there for 5 years, and is now a manager. They paid for his schooling, and now they are paying him a pretty healthy salary. Potential there is great. Of course, DH would be starting at the bottom of the chain. But, the opportunity to go up in ranks is great and they mostly promote from within. Pay wise we would be about the same as we are with T-Mobile, but I think the potential is better with this company. However, it's a totally different field than what DH has been doing for the last 10 years. He's been in sales, and this is very different. He'd be starting off making memory chips for computers. I know in the future there will be more technological advances, so it's a pretty secure job. He's a great worker and I'm sure he'd do well there, I just don't know if he wants to.
So, what to do? What to do? Crappy thing is we have to tell IM Flash our decision by tomorrow. I hate this. I wish we had money. I have know idea what to do. I have a headache. I'm complaining I know. I wish I had some sort of revelation that would tell me what to do. Ahhhhh!
Reggie's baptism day
20 hours ago