October 3, 2016

Bittersweet Day


Elder Tanner Davies
Arcadia California Mission
August 31, 2016

Brothers
 Even though these 2 had their moments, more often than not, they really are good friends and I know that they love each other.  His last night at home Tanner went to bed and I was still up.  About 30 minutes later, he came out of his room and went into get his brother.  They had to have one last sleep over together before he left.  It was really a sweet moment for me to witness.  That of course sent me into silent tears.  Tears because I will miss seeing them together.

Mom & Dad with their missionary.
A bittersweet moment for sure.

My Boy, oh how I love him!

A little bit of chatting just minutes before drop off time.

Father & Son

My 4 kids!
I love how much they love each other.  It was a very emotional day for everyone as we said goodbye Tanner.  Luckily it's just a temporary goodbye.  And we all know he is off to do great things!

Kenz & Tanner
She was the first to take her picture with him and I don't know why, but I started crying right away.  She really looks up to her big brother, and has always been there for her right from the beginning.  I know she will miss him dearly.

Oldest and youngest.
Jo has been the one who has been the most open with her emotions of Tanner leaving.  She cried when the call came in the mail, when he opened his call, at his setting apart, at his farewell, saying goodbye, and afterwards.  She's been my little crying partner.  I know she's excited for him, but she'll definitely miss having big brother around all the time.

This was the hardest thing I have ever done.  I know it's not goodbye forever.  But giving that last hug was not an easy thing to do.  In fact, I hugged him after all the kids had their turn and then Ry hugged him and he started to gather his things to walk away.  I had to stop him, for one last hug.  Needed to squeeze him tight and let him know how much I love him and that I'll be praying for him every single day and how incredibly proud of him I am.  Whew, that was tough!

Such a blessing to have a son who is willing to go and serve for 2 years.  I know he'll do great things.  I had to put off posting this because I knew it would bring back a flood of emotions, and I was right.  I sure love this kid with all my heart!

One last shot of the family before we sent him off.
So very grateful for the promises of eternal families.  That knowledge gets me through the hard days when I miss him fiercely.  What a wonderful plan Heavenly Father has given to us!

No comments: