September 20, 2010

Algebra Woes

Oh how we love Algebra. T had his first Algebra breakdown the other day, and another one tonight. I remember those days. I feel bad because he is so frustrated. He can do it if he's patient, he's a pretty smart guy. He's just like his dad in that he wants to know why. Why does a negative plus a positive equal a negative? Why does there have to be 4x? In 2(9x-3), why does the -3 mean a negative number and not a subtraction problem? I don't care why. I just learned the rules and did it. So, I'm trying to help him and I'm trying to be patient because I remember just what it was like. I guess I better brush up on my math skills because I fear we have many more breakdowns and algebra troubles to go. Such joy!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

I always LOVED algebra. I'm a rule girl so maybe that's why it's so easy for me.

Good luck to him.

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

Good for you for even wanting to brush up on your algerbra. me....no way no how, my kids (and DH) are on there own :)

Good luck!!

Darlene Yates said...

I remember those days too, I thougth I was terrible at math!! I was so scared I would fail geometry taht I dropped out of the class before I even had an assignment. The joys of middle school!