January 21, 2009

Snow Removal

I noticed the other day that the roof over our car port looks like its bowing in a little. I think we are going to have to replace it thiws summer. Not looking forward to that. Well, we decided that we should probably get some of the snow off. So, we sent the kids up there with a hammer to chip away the ice and some shovels and rakes to push the snow off. They thought it was great that they got to be up on the roof, they didn't even care that we were having them do work!

8 comments:

Klin said...

Work disguised as play. Clever mom, very clever.

Yvonne said...

I agree with Klin--you are very smart.

Brandee Lloyd said...

Wow very very clever until they get older and realize your true intentions. JK! My luck one of they would have fallen off.

Mikelene said...

Clever! And brave, of you for letting them up there, & of your kids b/c I probably would've fallen!

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

I remember doing that myself as a kid. It was fun....not work :)

c. griffith said...

parental trickery...love it!!!
charmela

Chelsey said...

You make those kids work! I'm glad they didn't fall off. I would not be that coordinated.

Suzanne said...

That is seriously the best when kids are convinced that their work is really play. Good for you! :)