January 5, 2009

I HATE that I have to do this, AGAIN


So, it's a new year. Which means time for those darn resolutions again. I thought this was a resolution I wasn't going to have to make again. But, here I am. I'm so mad at myself because I worked my butt off to lose all that weight, and I gained almost all of it back. It's SO depressing. But, I know I can do it again. I'm just mad that I have to do it again. I've realized since this is not the first time I've lost weight and gained it back that I really do have to keep exercising. I know, it shouldn't have taken me that long to realize it, but it did. So, today I'm starting a new exercise program. It's P90X. I'm excited to do it because I've heard good things about it. My brother did it and said it's a great workout. Hubby is doing it with me, so I think that will be good motivation to keep going. Hopefully we can encourage each other. Now, every Monday I will report on my progress so that I can feel accountable and hopefully this will actually work. Here's to losing weight, AGAIN.

11 comments:

alison said...

Good for you! Oprah is doing a show today on falling off the bandwagon. We all do it. Except for me, I just can't get it off!

Yvonne said...

Hey, at least you are doing it again!!!! Good job. I think it's great that you and your hubby are doing it together.

Anonymous said...

I hope that P90X works. I'll have to check your progress. My husband desperately wants to buy the system. Every time he sees the infomercial he calls me in to check it out with him. I know we need to do something like this but it's hard to pull the money out of the budget!

GOOD LUCK!
-Kathy

c. griffith said...

My bro-in-law did it and swears by it. Good Luck!
charmela

Shortcake and Company said...

Yikes! I've heard that P90X kicks some hiney. You're beautiful no matter what your weight is though. Good luck!

Mel said...

I haven't heard of P90X! Can't wait to hear how you like it. I agree with Shortcake, you are so very beautiful no matter your weight.

Chellie said...

That sounds like it will be great. Very cool to have your hubby doing it along side you. I can't wait to hear about how it goes.

Suzanne said...

It's so hard for me to stick with exercising too! I'm really great at it for awhile, but then I get burned out. That is great that you've got a new program and you're doing it with your hubby. It makes it so much easier to exercise when it's with someone else. Don't be too hard on yourself and good luck! :)

Mikelene said...

I haven't heard of this program, but it sounds like the Power 90 workout/system that Scott & I did 6years ago. So I looked up P90X & whatta ya know? It's the same guy (whose voice drove me crazy during the workouts) but it's a harder program. Good for you & DH! The Power 90 kicked our tails--but it works. I keep telling myself I'm gonna get the dvd's out & start doing it again....
Good luck! And I agree with previous comments: you are beautiful no matter what.

Mikelene said...

Oh, something else:
I don't know if this system has you use free weights or bands or what. With Power90 you could use either. Scott kept breaking his bands. I learned (from a cardio kickboxing class) that you can use bike tire tubes instead of the fitness bands. They are a lot thicker (more resistance) & really work! And they're cheaper, I think. Just a thought.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Oh Val, I had no idea. . . I was so impressed with all you did last time and I know you can do it again. . .I'm trying to finally do it, too. . . I've never lost any weight, only put it on after each baby, so I'm using Tiffany as my personal trainer and GOING TO TOWN. . .I'm on day two of my workouts and feeling like an old, TIGHT MUSCLES, old, saggy boobs, old woman. YOU GO GIRL!