January 4, 2009

Birthdays, Blessings, & Bowling


On Friday we got to go to a birthday party for my sweet little neice who is visiting from Oregon. We don't get to see them very often, so we were grateful for the opportunity. The kids got to jump around on trampolines, swing from a rope into a huge foam pit, and run wild and free. They had a blast!! Afterwards, we headed over to her grandma's house for cupcakes, ice cream, and presents. The food was yummy and the kids had a great time playing. I'm so glad we were able to go and spend a little bit of time with them.
After the birthday we went to some friends' house for their baby blessing. They did it at their home so that their family who was visiting was able to be there. The blessing was beautiful and I'm so glad we were able to share that wonderful experience with such great friends.
Saturday night we went to the BYU Creamery for dinner and the went bowling. Our good friends came along. I'm not a great bowler, but I had a great time!


S and his buddy waiting for their turn.


T finally with a smile. He is a very athletic and competitive boy. Bowling is a little bit harder for him and he had a tuff time. There were a few tears, but after a while he started to get the hand of it. Luckily we ended the night with a smile.



M trying for a strike!



2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Looks like great fun. It's always wonderful to be with family and friends--especially for those special times.

I love BYU Creamery--yum!!!!

lera said...

I've never been to a baby blessing at home. I bet it was special.