July 5, 2008

Stadium of Fire


Many of you know that Miley Cyrus came to perform at the Stadium of Fire this year. The tickets sold out within the first few hours. My girls wanted to go SO badly. Well, my friend April called me last Friday and said that someone at her hubby's work had 5 extra tickets that she was selling and did we want to go with her and Morgan. I couldn't pass it up, especially with the price tag of only $40/ ticket. I heard that some of the last minute tickets were going for as much as $1600. CRAZY!
!


I was SO excited to tell the girls. It worked out perfectly too since M's birthday is in 3 days. So, this was part of her present. They were so thrilled when I told them. They started jumping up and down and screaming, just like any other girl would, right? Of course the girls NEEDED to have matching outfits, so we headed to the store and found some really cute matching clothes. They looked adorable!





We enjoyed the dancers, the sky divers (which I thought were very cool), the Blue Man Group, some tributes to the military forces serving our country, and of course Miley Cyrus. The girls got up and were dancing and singing all the songs they knew. I really think they enjoyed themselves.






After all that, we watched the firework show, which was very good! We left a little early and watched the rest as we were walking to our car and driving home. We wanted to beat the crazy traffic, which I'm happy to say we did. One time it took us like 2 hours to get home. It was hateful.



The girls had a blast! And I enjoyed watching them and how much fun they were having. I think 10 minutes into our drive home, my girls were out like a light! Good evidence of a great time:)

13 comments:

fawndear said...

My 9 year old is oggling with jealousy. So glad you got to take your girls to S of Fire. I'm sure they will never forget it. I've only been once and it was umpteen years ago.
Your posts and pictures brought back happy memories of when my family lived in Happy Valley years and years ago.
Hope the rest of your weekend is just as fun.

Mel said...

Yeah, I'm glad you were able to go! We lived in Happy Valley for eight years and never made it to S of Fire... go figure.

The girls are cute in their matching outfits.

Robin said...

What a great way tos pend the 4th

nikko said...

We never went to Stadium of Fire, either. I don't remember it being that big of a deal when we were there. LOL.

Glad you guys had fun!

Sabra said...

Your day sounds way to much like mine. Glad you guys had fun. I had a blast rockin out with T. What little girl doesn't love Miley Cyrus? She is the coolest right now. Let's go to 7 peaks this week.?

Gina said...

Wow! What a deal and what a great show! I have wanted to go to S of F since I moved here 10 years ago. It's gotten so commercialized now that you can't even get a reasonably priced ticket.

Great photos! So glad the girls were so tickled!

Chellie said...

Yeah! Glad you had a good time! Love the picture of the girls. TOO CUTE!!

Yvonne said...

I bet your girls loved each and every minute. (They look so cute in their matching outfits) I'm so glad you got the tickets.

Suzanne said...

How fun for them! I'm sure they will remember it the rest of their lives! :)

Chelsey said...

How fun! Those girls are to cute! I'm sure they loved seeing her sing! It's going to be our turn pretty soon to take Anna, they grow up too fast!

Klin said...

Those sky diver's rocked!!!! I am so glad you got a great deal on your tickets.

Love the shot of you in your stylin' glasses. Your sleeping beauty is so cute. Proof of a good time indeed.

Saedi said...

Shoot, why don't you invite me to these fun things? I invite you to everything! I am such a better friend than you!

Meg said...

oh paige would be so jealous! Looks like you girls had a lot of fun.