July 30, 2008

Our Camping Trip

Last week we went on a camping trip with three other families. We went up to Payson Lakes and it was beautiful there. We had 24 people in our group. We took turns cooking which I thought worked out very nicely. The kids got along pretty well and we all enjoyed the time away from our regular every day life.
Some of the kids had floaties for the water, but S found this log to use instead!

M, J, and Morgan hanging out, relaxing in the hammock.

T fell on our hike and got a few war wounds.

J and Lena hiking up to the waterfall.

The kids all piled into the back of the truck to go down to the lake.

J and her friends playing in the lake.
This might have been one of the highlights of the trip. The first evening we built our fire and noticed that there wasn't really a ton of sitting room around the campfire. So, the men decided to build a deck. Yep, that's right a deck. They busted out some wood that we brought, tools, even a chain saw, and went to work. It turned out surprisingly nice considering what we were working with, and we had a little extra seating.
We hiked up to this waterfall and it was FREEZING! The kids ran in and stood under the waterfall just long enough for me to get their picture.

Hanging out in a little cave.

We had a wonderful time camping. I really love to camp and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves. I wasn't ready to come home, except for the fact that I really needed a shower. We hope to make this a yearly tradition!

18 comments:

Yvonne said...

Hooray for great yearly traditions like that--and if you do, there is ALREADY A DECK!!! What amazing guys.

Looks like a great, fun time. Love the pictures.

Cheri said...

I love camping too- I leave Saturday for a week of camping.
The deck is very impressive!

Amanda said...

Looks like so much fun! :) I love the deck, what a bunch of handy guys! Glad you had such a great time!

Chelsey said...

I'm glad you guys all had fun. Payson Lakes is a fun place to go! Camping is awesome!

Rowberry Family said...

What a fun trip! The area looks like alot of fun! I love the pics

Mel said...

Payson lakes is awesome but the drive up makes me so carsick! I'm glad you guys had a good time.

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

Camping.....ohh I miss it. This will be the first summer in a long time that I would have not gone camping!! Good times!

We should plan a rowberry-davies campout next year??????

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Very cute, sounds like a really fun trip, wish we could have been there, I really am sad that our kids aren't getting to know yours. . . SOMEDAY!!

Suzanne said...

How fun! We are planning a trip to Payson Lakes too, but it's not going to be until the end of August or September. That waterfall looks so cool. We'll have to figure out where that is.

I'll bet it was so much fun getting to go with such a large group. I'm sure you had a blast!

Gina said...

We'll have to try that place out! What a fun time! Wish we could go this weekend!

allison nadauld said...

Love the pics. I am waiting for a cousins vacation where our kids beg their dad to stay just one more week and convince him to make another eight hour drive to get them, wait a minute!

Amanda said...

How fun!!!!! I love camping! It looks like you guys had a great time! Poor T and his injury, that looks painful!

The girls are so cute! J is getting so big!

Liz said...

It looks like you guys had a BLAST! And yes, our girls need to get together to play sometime... Ella would LOVE that! I'll email you next week maybe so we could plan something. :)

Three Love kids said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. i am so glad. it is so pretty up there. Great Friends make camping so much fun. Love the pics.. (need more of you though, beautiful sis in law you!!)

Chellie said...

Great pictures! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!

allison nadauld said...

Val,
I tagged you. Check out my blog to see what to do!
Love you,
Allison

Company EIGHT said...

LOVE LOVE camping, and it looks like you all had such a great time! How fun!

Anonymous said...

The pictures from your camping trip are so refreshing… they are just lovely.