July 4, 2008

Balloon Festival




This morning we got up nice and early at 5:00 a.m. so that we could drive to Provo for the balloon festival. They must've started early because by the time we got there the balloons were all already inflated. That is my favorite part to watch, but oh well. We did get to see them all take off and then circle around to throw their bean bags at the targetin the middle of the field. It was kind of cool to see all those balloons floating around up there. I think it'd be cool to ride in one.
I've always wanted to. Maybe some day.
Afterwards we walked to McDonalds for breakfast. It was SO packed so we drove home and went to the one there. Now we are getting ready to watch Enchanted and relax until our next activity.
Happy 4th!

11 comments:

Cheri said...

That is awesome! I'm scared of heights- I'd be too chicken to ride one, but they sure are beautiful to look at.

Three Love kids said...

what fun!!

Rowberries said...

How fun! I always wanted to go to driggs to watch the balloon races, but never wanted to get up that early!

Have a great 4th of july!

tami and todd said...

So cool!!

Meg said...

I love the hot air balloon festivals. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

My little sister was totally was there LOL what a fun time!

Gina said...

Some day we are going to get up early enough to do that! So cool! Glad you were able to get everyone out of bed and there!

Chellie said...

FUN! I'm glad you had a great time!!

Sabra said...

I haven't ever seen them being inflated. Maybe we will try to make it for that part next time. (wish me luck on getting up any earlier haha) What a fun group.

Yvonne said...

It's always so fun to see the balloons.

Amanda said...

How fun!!!!! I love the hot air balloon events!!!!!