July 21, 2008

Fiesta Days Parades


The 24th of July (Pioneer Day) is a huge celebration here. In fact we spend almost an entire week celebrating. Last Saturday the celebrations were started by the Children's Parade. Our ward did a float and all the kids had to dress in red, white, and blue. They are always so excited to be in the parade. M, S, & J all rode the float, T rode a bike, and I walked alongside it. All the kids had such a blast.

After the parade, they got to cool off with a popsicle. Then, we headed over to the children's tent for activities. It was a mad house, but the kids enjoyed it, so I guess it was time well spent.



Today we went to the stock parade. We sat with Grandma D., Aunt Ari, and Aunt Brenda. The kids enjoyed watching all the horses parade up and down the street. They also got to run and get candy which is always an added bonus.



Now, tonight DH is working late. T went to the rodeo with his friends' family and then he'll have a sleep over. I'm blogging. The other kids are upstairs playing. We have 3 cousins spending the night here with the rest of the kiddos. So, it should be a party!

13 comments:

Saedi said...

I wanna be partying with you! By the way, tomorrow night doesn't work for us. I forgot I have a thing planned with all my sister-in-laws, so we'll have to catch you later!!!

Mel said...

Ah, that sounds like fun! Hope the sleepover is a success:)

Suzanne said...

It sounds like you're busy having a lot of fun! I'm sorry we missed you on Saturday, but it sounds like you're having a good time with some championship games. Hopefully we can get together another time! :)

Lana said...

I wish we were spending the night!

Yvonne said...

Sounds like a whole lot of fun. Everyone loves a parade. How fun that your ward does a float.

fawndear said...

Oh, you just took me back in time 12 years. It's been that long since we went to the Fiesta Days. Now we live 900 miles away and haven't been able to make it back.
So glad you guys had an awesome time.

Chelsey said...

Good ol' Fiesta Days! So much going on that you can't even think until the 25th of July!

Shortcake and Company said...

Hey there..it WAS great to see you on Saturday. You and your kids are adorable.

Klin said...

You and your family know how to have fun. I need to practice more.

Amanda said...

I miss the 24th of July celebrations. It is just an ordinary day here. Looks like so much fun! Yay!

Sorry I was not able to see you when I was in Utah. :( Maybe next time.

Company EIGHT said...

How fun! I miss living where the 24th is celebrated--

Daddy's Little Girl said...

I wish I was there with M.

Chellie said...

parades are fun! glad you had a good time!