July 9, 2008

FHE Dinner/Games/Fun!

I was on the phone with my friend Brandee the other day and this is how our conversation went:

Me: ...(we had been talking about our friend Saedi and how I haven't seen either of them forever) The three of us really need to get together soon!

Brandee: I know. I haven't done anything with her for a while either. We are going over there tonight for dinner.

Me: Oh, sure. Have a party without us. I see how you are!

Now, you gotta understand, I love these girls! And, this is just how we talk to each other. Totally joking, but if you didn't know us you'd think we were the rudest people ever!

So, I finish talking to Brandee all the while still joking with her about how they must hate us since we weren't invited.

About 2 minutes later I get a call from Saedi. It went as follows:

Me: (instead of hello) Is this a sympathy call? And you're trying to come up with some lame excuse as to why you didn't invite us over today?

Saedi: (starts to make a smart mouth comment, but ends up laughing instead) No I'm not. It was a total last minute thing with Brandee, and since you are SO busy all the time, I didn't think you guys would be able to make it. And, I was tired of getting turned down by you (a total lame excuse in my book!). But, we would LOVE for you guys to come. Even if R has to come when he gets home from school.

Me: I'm totally kidding. You don't have to have us over.

Saedi: No, please come. We'll be so sad if you don't.

Me: Are you sure?

Saedi: Of course I am!

So, to make a long story short, we went over there and had a blast!! Saedi made yummy Bajio salad stuff. And we had lots of treats. It was a great night, and I'm so glad I ended up inviting ourselves over, and I know Saedi was just thrilled! We played some fun games, and had lots of laughs. It's always a great time, when the three of us get together!

Brandee, Me, Saedi

Our hawt hubbies!


Align Center

Me and baby Stetler! What a cute boy!!

I'm so grateful for these friends. I love that we can joke around with each other. And, we always have the best time together!

10 comments:

Saedi said...

You kill me!!! I love how accurate your conversation replay was. By the way, my smart comment was "Don't whine to me, you have no one to blame but your busy busy self" (or something to that effect). I stole your pictures and I may just copy and past your conversation onto my blog, cuz it made me laugh. Glad you guys had fun ....................EVEN THOUGH I STILL DON'T REMEMBER INVITING YOU!!!!!

Chellie said...

Very fun. Cool friends are the best.

Gina said...

Too weird. I was at her house the same day and I missed you! Dang it! Glad it was a fun evening! I think Brandee sells Lia Sophia stuff so I met her a long time ago at a party. What fun friends the three of you are. Loved that conversation.

alison said...

It's good that you can joke around about not being invited because some people get seriously offended and whine about it. I have finally figured out how you know Melanie (I think). Sounds like a blast and I am going to have to get that Cafe Rio recipe!

Chelsey said...

Like I said on Saedi's blog, you guys are hilarious and I'm glad I know all of you to know how crazy you are!

Brandee Lloyd said...

I am so glad you guys came. Even though your a freakin trader and I am still mad at you! By the way you are going down next time.

Lei said...

Gal pals are the best!

Klin said...

That is just awesome!!!!

Yvonne said...

Fun, fun. It's great to have friends like that, eh?

The pictures are great.

Brandee Lloyd said...

No invites for non-softball team members! The cut is deeeep! It will take a long time to heal. Tell your boys im still willing to trade the xbox. jeremy