January 9, 2017

Bilateral Partial Knee Replacement

I've been kind of out of commission for almost 2 months.  I FINALLY found a doctor that would operate on me.  He is amazing and I felt totally confident that everything would work out.  I've seen many tender mercies for me and my family during this journey.

I spent 4 days in the hospital and these cute kids came to visit me several times.  I really have been amazed at all they have done for me to help me recover.  Ry has been completely amazing too!  There is no way I could've done it without them. 

These are my nice swollen legs the day the bandages came off.  They don't even look like legs.  I had to do a lot of icing, and still do.  I'm also doing tons of physical therapy.  All of my pre surgery pain is gone!!  Now it's just fully recovering.  I am doing amazingly well.  I went back to work last week, so I'm starting to feel a little more like myself.  My legs get tired by the end of the day and I still have to take meds at night, but I'm more than thrilled with the results. 

Here's a side view of the piece I have in my leg.  This is not my x-ray, but gives a good idea of what I've got going on.  I will now forever set off the x-ray machine at airports.  Fun for me.


And, here is a front view.  They had to cut a piece off of my femur and tibia and then had to drill the new pieces in.  Super painful, but super glad I got it done.  I watched a video of the procedure they used.  It's brutal.  No wonder I was so sore for sore long.  That's okay, I'm on the mend, and am happy to say that things are looking up for me!

1 comment:

Sunil said...

Arthritis and joint diseases can prove to be fatal but medical advancements have relieved patients from the pain and allowed them to continue living a normal life. Total Knee Replacement is one such surgical treatment out of which people are deriving benefit.