May 31, 2011

My Boys

I was uploading pictures and found a ton of pictures of the boys. Apparently they had some fun with the camera one day. S is growing so much. We are pretty sure that he will pass his brother one day. He is full of energy and there is never a dull moment when he is around.
T just finished his first year of Jr. High and LOVED it! I'm so glad he had such a positive experience, I was a little worried at the start of the year. He had a tuff lesson to learn this year with his soccer team. He ended up quitting mid season because it was turning out to be a negative thing instead of teaching him and helping grow in sports. He had a coach that was very intense about the sport and wanted it to be the boys' life. If they missed he was really hard on the boys. I felt we were very committed and T missed maybe twice. He ended up hating practice and came home crying almost daily. I've always taught the kids that if they start something they have to see it through to the end. But, when he came home upset so many times in a row, I felt that it was my responsibility as his mother to step in. So, DH and I decided that he needed to be done. His whole person changed. He was much happier and his self esteem was much better. He loves soccer, loved his team, and loved playing, but it got to be a very negative thing for him. He was very torn, but in the end it was the best decision for him. I hope he continues to play the sport and love it. He is a great player and I hope he always knows that.

No comments: