March 1, 2011

Valentines Dinner and a Birthday Card

Valentines week was such a busy one for us. It's like it happened and then we were in Cali. for the wedding, and then it took me a week to get the house back in order. Not only was I trying to unpack but I was also trying to catch up from when I was sick. I got the flu and was sick for 4 days. Really, really sick. I haven't been that sick for a long time. I was completely useless. And then after the 4 days, it took a week for me to feel "normal" and again. And, then it was Valentines and you know the rest. We had a really fun Valentines dinner. We always do a candlelight dinner with the kids, which is so much fun. I decorated the table and we ate steaks, asparagus, and baked potatoes. For dessert I made cupcakes with fresh strawberries in it and fresh strawberry frosting. It was yummy, and I think the kids had a great time. Then, we opened our Valentine gift from Grandma Davies, a box of chocolates! YUM! DH totally surprised me with a cute card and some hershey hugs. Then once all the kiddos were in bed he busted out some strawberries with white chocolate to dip in. What a great hubby!

DH's birthday is on the 17th. He turned 36, wow we're getting old. Since we were trying to get ready to leave for Cali the next day, his birthday was small, but still fun. I hope. I made him a fun candy card. Then, we all went out to eat at Tucano's. Such good eats!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How fun!!! I bet the kids did love it! What a fun idea. I am glad you are feeling better!