February 8, 2011

Christmas in February?

December was super busy for us. So busy that I didn't really post anything. So, for journaling sake I have to post what our December was full of:

opening presents christmas morning,

sharing moments with family,

visits from neice and great-neice,

and from baby Joneaux,

more christmas morning fun,

showing off his loot,

and hers,

and hers,

listening to Grandma read the Christmas story to us,

watching a slide show in our new Christmas jammies,

enjoying yummy food,

spending time with cousins,

visiting temple square,

warming up inside the Joseph Smith building,

enjoying the beautiful sight of the temple,

looking at the lights,

taking a break for a snack,

a quick photo op,

shopping and ice cream at the mall,

playing songs with the bells,

family party gift exchange,

acting out the nativity,

annual Christmas dinner with friends,

making fun memories,

christmas crafts,

and christmas treats!

We had a wonderful holiday season. It's fun to go back and see all the fun we had. I'm so thankful for a wonderful family and for wonderful friends that we can share this special time of year with. We felt so blessed this past Christmas. We have been going through some particularly hard times in the last year and a half. This Christmas we were literally showered with gifts and love. Throughout the entire month we received anonymous gifts. Gifts, cash, groceries, more gifts, more food, and more gifts. I could not believe it. It was overwhelming. I felt so blessed and was so grateful to those people for helping to make Christmas better for my family. I wish I could thank each person individually, but I can't. I hope that in the future we will be able to pay it forward. To help put a little more Christmas joy into the lives of someone who is struggling. I thank Heavenly Father for sending those angels to us, for helping us in an extremely hard time. Heavenly Father is aware of us, he knows our needs and he won't leave us. I don't know why we've gone through some of the trials that we've been faced with, I don't know if I'll ever know. But, I do know that Heavenly Father will be there to help us every step of the way. I'm so grateful for the experiences that we've gone through, for the things that we've learned, and for the love that we've felt. It truly was an amazing Christmas season!

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

HI ! Couln't help but notice the cute wood trees....that look like our pumpkins! What a fun idea!

Loved seeing the pictures :) How are the rings?!