July 13, 2009

Short Call to Long Call


On June 14th DH got called to be the Elders Quorum President. That was a short lived calling. Yesterday he got sustained as the 2nd counselor in the bishopric. I have a feeling this calling is going to last longer than a month. A LOT longer. I know this is a good thing, and I was not at all surprised, but it is very overwhelming. I know he'll do a great job and we will be blessed for it. I only hope we (or I) will survive. I know this is what we are supposed to be doing, and I know Heavenly Father will help us if we follow his commandments.

5 comments:

Mikelene said...

This made me smile b/c we have been in your shoes. It took changing our ward boundaries for Scott to get released from the bishopric. Now he's YM pres. DH will do great. Good luck to you!

Saedi said...

Awww....He will be so awesome at that! Who else was put in???

Yvonne said...

Congrats and YES, you will all be blessed. You will be a great support to him.

Fisher Family said...

That really was short lived! Not a big surprise though... all you righteous Spanish Fork livers! Looks like you've been busy lately. I have family in town until the end of the month but let's get together in August sometime before school starts... if you can squeeze me in!

Shortcake and Company said...

You'll both do great. It's funny how the blessings come when you serve the Lord.