December 10, 2008

I'm Scared, but I'm Thankful

Sunday was testimony meeting and T & S were trying to talk each other into going up to bear their testimony. T really wanted S to do it, but S was very nervous. Finally they wrote down what S would say on a piece of paper. He was very close to going, but then decided he didn't want to go by himself, then decided he couldn't do it at all. T went up to do it all by himself. I was so proud of him. He gets very nervous in front of people. Then after that S didn't know if he wanted to do it or not. He didn't want to let his brother down. He got himself so worked up that he started crying. Then he told me that he was scared, but he was still thankful. I told him it was okay to be scared and that he didn't have to do it. Then he looked at me with his
big-melt-your-heart-eyes and said, "Mom can you just go up and bear your testimony?" How on earth could I say no to that? So up I went, even though I had just given a talk 2 weeks previously. When I came back to my seat, S gave me a big hug and with tears still in his eyes said, "Thank You! I love you!" What a sweet boy. It amazes me the faith of a child. I know he was feeling the spirit, and that is what moved me to go up and bear my testimony. I am so thankful for my children and for the wonderful example they are to me. I truly feel blessed.

20 comments:

Mikelene said...

awwww...what a sweetie! And good for you, for going up there. :)

Amanda said...

cute picture! ;0)

S is such a cutie! I totally love that boy. He has always had a special place in my heart. What a cutie pie he is. What a great story you posted. I'm sure he was feeling the spirit.


I love that at dinner he wanted orange chicken and only orange chicken. Cute boy!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

What a cutie!!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

I need your address for a Christmas Card!! sarahidiart@msn.com

Anonymous said...

I'm reading this at work and getting all teary-eyed!

You are doing a good job with your kids if this is what happens in your family during sacrament meeting. Awesome!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Awww he is cute! That is such a precious little story :)

lera said...

That is very sweet.

Yvonne said...

So sweet.

Isn't it great when they feel the Spirit and it's so obvious.

Tori :) said...

That is just so sweet!

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

that alone is something to be grateful for !!

Rowberry Family said...

What a sweet little story, thanks for sharing.

Gina said...

I hope Liam grows up to be just like him! What a sweet sweet heart!

Chelsey said...

How sweet! Kids are constantly amazing me on how much faith and trust they have. What an awesome mom you are!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

What a great experience! You sure do have a great influence on those kids of yours. :) Maybe next time he'll be able to go up. Public speaking is the number one fear people have. And the second most popular? Dying. I think he'll go when he's good and ready.

Chellie said...

That is so sweet and I love that picture!

Suzanne said...

What a great story! Thanks for sharing it with us. You are a great example to your children! :)

allison nadauld said...

That's super sweet. Thanks for sharing!

Dani said...

Im with him, sometims i get so nervous to go up there i feel like im going to puke. seriously.

Natalie said...

S is so sweet and tender-hearted. What a wonderful memory this will be. I am so grateful that he has such a sweet testimony.
We love and miss our little S.
We love and miss all of you.
Love n' hugs.

obat jantung koroner said...

nice blog ^^