September 3, 2014

ACL Surgery


Ryan had knee surgery almost 2 weeks ago.  He went in to have his ACL replaced, but ended up with a lot more work.  When the surgeon came out to talk to me he told me that, "Ryan's knee was a mess."  They ended up replacing the ACL, repairing the ALL, fixing 2 tears in his meniscus, and cleaning up a lot of arthritis.  No fun at all.  It's been a tough recovery for him.  We haven't been able to find pain medicine that works and that doesn't make him sick.  We've tried several different ones.  Now, not only is his knee hurting, but he has nausea, a headache, constipation, and he's having panic attacks.  Plus, he can't sleep, which means I don't sleep.  It's been a long hard recovery and I hope we can get this figured out soon.  Poor guy, I feel really bad for him.

No comments: