March 10, 2009

"Happy Birthday, Mom!"

This morning I was taking a shower, and was interrupted by my kiddos and hubby singing "Happy Birthday" to me. They were also carrying a plate of breakfast for me. Apparently last night the girls had planned to make breakfast for me this morning. When the boys heard the noise in the kitchen they got up to join in on the fun. It was the cutest thing ever. They were so excited to give it to me, and I loved it. It was probably one of the best surprises ever. My breakfast was complete with toast with butter and jelly on it, oranges, a pickle, and some gummy worms. What a great breakfast! I know you're jealous! I've got some great kiddos!

11 comments:

Natalie said...

So Funny!!!!! Gave Papa and I a good laught first thing in the morning.
That is the best breakfast ever. You have the cutest kids.:)
Love you and Happy Birthday.s

lera said...

Happy birthday! What a great breakfast surprise.

Yvonne said...

Happy Birthday. Hope it was a fabulous day.

What a great family ; )

Gina said...

Seriously jealous over here!

Happy Birthday, Val!`

Rowberry Family said...

That is so cute! I bet that pickle was great in the morning! What fun kidds you have and thoughtful too :)

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday Val!
I love that your cute kids were so excited that they couldn't even wait for you to get out of the shower!

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Gummy worms are a part of a complete breakfast! :) Happy Birthday V! What a great suprise. You totally deserve it!

Meg said...

what a great breakfast! how cute are your kids!
happy late bday!

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

i'm late. happy birthday! sure love & miss ya. hope it was a great day.

Amanda said...

That is too cute!!! What a fun breakfast! I like the gummy worms!

Fisher Family said...

That's too funny! I was looking at the picture before I actually read it and thinking "Is that a pickle?" I didn't know you were such a big fan of pickles...I'll have to remember that for next year and just get you a pickle instead of a chocolate pie!