April 16, 2016

California, Arcadia Mission


Elder Tanner Davies
California, Arcadia Mission
August 31, 2016


How can this be real?  I can't believe Tanner will be going on a mission in just a few months.  He is so excited for his call and to go and serve a full time mission.  I'm super excited for him too.  But, also a tiny bit sad, scared, nervous, happy, you name it.  I had a rush of so many emotions when I found out his call was in the mail.  This is what we've prayed and hoped would happen.  This is the direction we would have chosen for him.  We wouldn't want him to be doing anything else.  I know this is the right choice for him and I'm so proud of him.  However, my mom heart is breaking just a little bit.  Breaking that he is so grown up and ready to move on, breaking because I won't be able to talk to him and kiss him good night every night, breaking because I know everything is changing.  I know this is the plan.  I know that my Heavenly Father will give me strength, and I know that through faith and prayer all will be right.  I love this boy of mine more than words can describe.


No comments: