December 26, 2010

New Calling



Today I got a new calling. I will now be serving in the Primary as the 2nd counselor. I am excited for a new calling and look forward to working with the young children in our ward. Kids have such a special spirit and I look forward to learning from them.

Now, while I'm excited it's also a bitter sweet time for me. I am really going to miss the kids in my Sunday School Class. I've really grown to love them. They are an amazing group of kids and I know they will do great things if they stay on the right path. I was scared to death when I first got called to be their teacher. Teenagers can be difficult. If they don't want to come to class, they won't. If they don't like you, they don't come to class. I was lucky and they did come to class. We had some good lessons, some good talks, and a lot of good times. I feel honored that I was able to teach them. I actually think that they may have taught me more than I taught them. I know the Lord knows where we are supposed to be. That he is aware of our needs. I feel blessed to have taught these kids and look forward to serving the younger kids in our ward.

2 comments:

Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

I was just called to be a primary teacher! Here we go for Primary!!

Pain SUX said...

Congrats on the new job/calling :)

Happy New Year from a new follower.

I hope you will stop by my blog and follow me back when you get a chance. Thanks.

Don't forget to enter the giveaways while you are there :)

~Steph
http://fortheluvofsanity.blogspot.com