June 27, 2010

Shadow Mountain and Ward Campout in pictures

On Thursday M headed out for Shadow Mountain.
She was so excited to go!

She had some friends who were going to. They had a great time. M had a lot of fun stories to share when she got back. It's kind of weird sending your kids off like that, but she really enjoyed herself and I'm glad she got the opportunity to go and learn new things.

While she was at Shadow Mountain, we headed up the canyon for our ward campout on Friday.
There is always a lot of fun to be had there. Randy took a lot of the kids on motorcycle rides!

J had a fun time, even though the bottom of her shoes melted.

T and some of his buddies built this teepee across the stream.

S found a guitar and tried to play.
We have some talented people in our ward, and were lucky enough to hear them sing. Then, one of the men played songs and we all sang around the campfire.

Sophie kept herself entertained with DH! It was super cute.

The Talbots were the smores makers for the second year in a row.

This is S after he "accidentally" fell in the pond. I love this kid, he "accidentally" falls in every year. I've learned to pack him plenty of extra clothes and shoes for this very reason. He just can't help himself. He sees water and thinks FUN!!!

The girls kept themselves entertained doing this and that.

The men manning the dutch ovens!

The boys had fun catching snakes, building bridges and teepees, hiking, swimming, exploring, and all other things boy!
It's always so much fun when we go on these campouts. We look forward to them every year. This year we had a new exciting thing happen. A couple of my friends and I were talking to another friend who is due in 3 weeks. She was telling us how she wasn't quite ready yet. There were still a few things she needed/wanted to do before the baby. Like finish her basement, go on a trip to Bear Lake next weekend, pack her bags, etc. etc. She is super cute and her first baby came 2 weeks early, but she really thought this one wasn't going to. Then maybe 10-15 minutes later she called me over to her car. When I got there she stepped out from behind her door and told me in a paniced voice that she thought her water had just broken. Sure enough, her pants were soaked through with fluid. So, I ran and got her some towels to put in her car (they weren't planning on staying the night, so they had nothing with them). Then she decided that she wanted to change her clothes. We found her some pajamas to change to and then they were off. She had her baby seven hours after her water broke. A little boy, who doesn't have a name yet, weighing
7 lbs. 1 oz. So, ready or not here he is!!


Razzle Dazzle Berry said...

I am learning to never count on anything going the way you "want or think" it should.....it never does :) Good thing you were there to help your friend.

......I need to go camping

Fisher Family said...

Looks like fun... now that we don't live there I'm sad we never actually camped with you all! Some day. Your kids are getting huge!!!

Natalie said...

Looks like sooooooo much fun. Glad you all had a good time. Love ya and can't wait to see you.