September 2, 2014

Bailey's Answer


Tanner asked his friend Bailey to go to Homecoming with him.  Asking a person to a dance here is a much bigger deal than it was when I was growing up.  We didn't get a picture of the way he asked her, but I'll try to explain.  He wrote on a piece of paper, "Now that we've broken the ice, will you go to Homecoming with me?"  Then he put it in a plastic bag and put the bag in a container filled with water and we froze it.  So, she literally had to break the ice to find the message.  Then we left in on her porch, rang the doorbell, and ran.  He was so excited.  After waiting a week and a half, she finally answered him.  She left a box of donuts on our porch and inside the lid wrote, "I DONUT want to go to Homecoming with anyone else."  I thought it was very cute and very clever.  Now, we have to find him something wear and plan the date.  Should be fun!

No comments: